Accepted Solution

Clip Sport Songs Order & Album Mix-ups

I just bought a Clip Sport, and in this mp3 player the songs are displayed alphabetically instead of the correct track order(in each album) like every other mp3 player(including the Clip Zip I have which have the same albums). I understand that's normal in the "all songs" menu, but in "Artist>Album>(*here*)" menu they are never in the intended order, this is frustrating. That and the album mix-ups that happens when two albums have almost the same name, like "Album 1 and Album 2", they mash-up together and form "Album" which then all the songs appear alphabetically together in an-all-mash-up terrible order. Eliminating both the purpose of track order and the separation of two perfectly organized albums. This does not happen with my one year Clip Zip which have the same albums. 

My question is, is this on purpose? or my Clip Sport isn't working well? and if it is on purpose why would they do that instead of a regular mp3 player layout? like their own Clip Zip.

Re: Clip Sport Songs Order & Album Mix-ups

So this doesn't happen to anybody else? I asume that my Clip Sport isn't working properly, and I should return it to the store. It's really annoying, I'm tired of the allbum mix-ups, like having Kill the Noise's albums Black Magic and Black Magic Remix both appearing all together. I've been a cutomer of Sandik for awhile, it's sad.

[ Edited ]

I'm guessing about three people have Clip Sports at this point, so this might require a little patience to verify. My suspicion is that what you're encountering is a software bug, not a defect isolated to your individual player -- but you could always exchange yours and see. I will say that, as another longtime SanDisk customer, I've seen a healthy amount of bugs crop up in their previous devices. Luckily they've tended to address most of them via firmware updates eventually (with varying degrees of success...Smiley Wink).

SanDisk Guru

This 'bug' has been reported to the dev. team working on this project. Hopefully it will be addressed in a firmware update soon. Smiley Happy

Thanks! Smiley Very Happy

[ Edited ]

I think I might have found a temporary solution. Editing the tags you must put the track number before the title. In this way the player will play them in order, even if with the truck number showing before the title. Be careful that the truck number is in 2 digits like this: 01-02..09 - 10 - 11 etc... 

Hopeful with the next firmware update the problem will be solved. 

EDIT: I noticed just after posting in here, that in another thread you found the same solution. Never mind then...

SanDisk Guru

Woodstock wrote:

EDIT: I noticed just after posting in here, that in another thread you found the same solution. Never mind then...

But genius nonetheless!   Smiley Wink

Has this been fixed?  I need to know whether to return my SanDisk Sport or if I can keep it.  I absolutely want the songs to play in the order they were originally recorded, not aphabetically.

Create a m3u playlist and play that instead of the files themselves.  By default, it's playing in title order, as has been said.  Drag the files into Windows Media Player in the order you want them to play, switch to Library View if you're not there already, save the playlist in the same folder with the mp3 files.  So, no it's not been fixed but you may no longer consider it broken if this works for you.  I don't know how it was done in previous players, but it should be updated to play in track order, not title order.

SanDisk Guru

And the other possibility:  for the file name, start with the 2-digit (01, 02, 03, etc.) number of the track and then play the album under the folder option.  Freeware tag editor MP3Tag can do this for you in batches--no need to go 1-by-1.