Clip Sport Songs Order & Album Mix-ups

Finally, a company has the insight to recognize that PEOPLE WANT TO LISTEN TO THEIR MUSIC IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER! Oh, you just ripped the Beatles’ White album? here, I’ll put the tracks in alphabetical order for you… now you can listen to the album as it was meant to be heard … um, alphabetically. Hey you! Stop wasting your life alphabetizing all of  your music files, just go buy a Clip Sport and it’ll do the work for you. Thanks, Sandisk, now I have more time to huff paint!

Is it silly yet? Realize that someone(s) actually designed and implemented ‘alphabetical order’ as the default album song ordering. Some engineer did this work in spite of the fact that most files have metadata track number tags. “Alphabetical ordering is the best choice, in my professional opinion, its what people want!” It follows that at least a few patently stupid people work for Sandisk.

This, along with the lack of a ‘lock’ mechanism (on a player marketed for use while exercising no less), are such incomprehensible lapses in design that my view of Sandisk is forever damaged. I will never buy/use another one of your products. Even if these issues are fixed in a firmware update today, the damage is done and my clip sport is in the trash where it belongs. I’m convinced you guys are idiots where it really matters, and you’ve lost my business forever.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to shop online for a toaster that will toast the slices in alphabetical order, because it’s just better that way.

I am not sorry for the ridicule, because this design is goddam ridiculous. shame on you.

good riddance