Chk Files

I have a new 8GB Clip Sport that I’ve downloaded only 900 songs to but I have over 1000 chk files in my Internal Memory Found.000 folder.  Am I supposed to have those chk files?  My computer says I only have 1.1 GB available on the device.  I can’t figure out how to get rid of the chk files.  How do I do it?

You can delete the whole «found.000» folder. You need to make the «protected system files» visible to see it in the Windows Explorer.  The files therein are fragments found by Windows’ Checkdisk after a system crash or a broken USB connection during file transfer. I have no idea how it’s possible to get such an amount of .CHK files at once, though. You may want to run Checkdisk once more to ckeck the integrity of the music files on the player.

JaZZ, thanks so much.  I now have 4.4 GB.  Deleting the Found folder did the trick.  I did Check Disk also and all files are good. 

I have the same problem with the found.000 files but I cannot bring them up on my computer to delete them. They only appear on my device in the internal memory.  How can I delete them from my internal memory if I can’t see them when synched to my computer?