Can't Read SD Card Anymore / Can't Turn It On?!

@dfeld2005 wrote:

I am sorry to read about your SD card problems.

From all your descriptions it appears to me your SD card is the problem not your Clip Sport. Is your Clip Sport working well with FirmWare 1.29 when your SD card is not inserted in the player??

If this is true, then I suggest you buy a new micro SD card with 16 gb size and Class 4. (Not all Class 10 will work with SanDisk players.)  The player does not really need to use a more expensive 32 gb card with the 2000 file limit in FW 1.29.

Insert the new card while the player is turned off.  Then turn it on and hopefully you will be back to normal.  

The SD card is 32GB Class 4. It has worked for a long time until I updated Clip Sport with Firmware 1.29. The SD card works fine with my laptop too. 

Yes, my Clip Sport works fine without the SD card when I am able to turn it on. But it is very difficult to turn on my Clip Sport now–it wasn’t the case until recently. Now I can turn it on successfully once after about every twenty attempts.

Do you suggest that I buy a new SD card or a new Clip Sport, or an MP3 play of another brand? The sad thing is that Clip Sport appears to be the best non-iPod music player that is available at the price level. 

Thanks.