Audiobooks

When I transfer audiobooks from my laptop to my Clipsport (8gb) the chapters are out of order.  When I connect it to the laptop they APPEAR in order but play out of order on the Clipsport.  Is there a fix?  I’ve only had the player a few months. 

Did you install the latest firmware for the player?

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Clip-Sport/SanDisk-Clip-Sport-Firmware-1-22-released/td-p/335935

If so, then you need to  edit the track number tags of your files.

I am having the same problem that the chapters not going in in order.  having a terrible time finding the mp3 player that will download books. 

you said  “If so, then you need to  edit the track number tags of your files”

could you tell me how to do this…any help would be appreciated.  all the libraries have dropped the WHM FILES that would go onto my nano 6th generation and have gone to mp3 files. 

I use my Clip Sport for Audio Books all the time. I’ve never had to edit the track names but I do use the freeware “DriveSort” which usually sorts out any problems with the order of the files. I also strip out any MP3 tags from both Audio and Music files.

thank for the help.  i have updated sandisk and deleted and redownloaded book, same thing, all out of order.  Mac pro, can you tell me what program you use to download your books.  I am using Overdrive as I download from local library.  if I download the program you mentioned, will it help me how to use it as I have no idea what to do.  thanks for your help all…

\

if there is a track number in the ID3 tag remove it and make sure the file names have 01, 02, 03 etc in the front. If that is done it should sort in the correct order for you. 

I am sorry for being so thic here, but what do you mean by if there is a tag…

I am so sorry for being so thick on this, but what do you mean if there is a track number in the ID3 tag remove it and make sure the file names have 01, 02, 03 etc.  where do i do that?

This should help

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+edit+ID3+tags+on+a+mac

I will try this, but i have windows 8, so i will look for help in that.  still don’t know what i am doing though

@doodlelover wrote:

I will try this, but i have windows 8, so i will look for help in that.  still don’t know what i am doing though

Then use the free MP3Tag. Set the WRITE default to ID3v2.3 ISO 8859-1. This is the format the player is looking for.

And if you can’t figure it out, there are online instructions for the program, or about 4,387,982 posts on the subject here on the forum. :wink:

I also posted this on a newer post but will do it here too. 

When I first used Overdrive, I had all my parts playing out of order too, despite looking like they were put on in order!  I found I needed to load the parts on the player in order and also turn off the Sport SHUFFLE option.  It seemed that the player was shuffling the parts, just like it did for music!  Duh!

That fixed my problem just fine.  With no other manipulations whatsoever.   I use this player for books only so it is not a problem for me.  Worth a try for you.