Album titles truncated to 12 characters

I just downloaded update 1.17 to find that several of the album titles are truncated to 12 characters. What’s worse is that a couple of albums are split into two: one album with the full name and another with only 12 characters. That means I can’t play those albums in their entirety without playing tricks by making a play list.

I upgraded to 1.17 to fix the problem of songs being listed in alphabetic order instead of track order. Now here’s another nasty bug. I’m very diappointed in this “not ready for prime time” product.

When will this bug be fixed?

1 Like

What is the player’s USB mode, under System settings, set to:  MSC or MTP mode, or the dreaded Auto mode which can fluctuate between the 2?  MTP mode can result in the situation mentioned by you.  IMHO, MSC is the best mode–it just works, and doesn’t typically cause issues of this type.

If you’re not currently under MSC mode, you might try clearing the user content on the player (or transferring the content to your computer and then erasing it in the player), re-setting the player to MSC mode, and transferring your content back to the player, and then see if this works.

@miikerman wrote:

What is the player’s USB mode, under System settings, set to:  MSC or MTP mode, or the dreaded Auto mode which can fluctuate between the 2?

I believe the Clip Sport is an MSC player only, isn’t it? It doesn’t have a setting for MTP or Auto Defect.

Oops, my bad, of course you’re right–too many Clips on the mind . . . .

Just letting you know, you’re not alone.  I have both album names and band names that have been cut off, and it seems to happen at random, some make it through in tact, others do not, even from the same album.  Never had this issue in the older clips and don’t know of a good work around yet.

1 Like

I resorted to prefacing some album titles with code letters so that the clipsport could at least differentiate them.

Simply FYI, I understand that SanDisk is doing some firmware work on the Sport’s firmware.  But who knows if/what/when will result . . . . 

1 Like

Just got a Clip Sport and I have this problem. In Music view all band names and album titles are truncated to 12 characters (but not song titles). I guess this has to be related to improper reading of tags, as in the Folders view everything is fine.

Has anybody found out what’s wrong? I’m on firmware 1.38 (2017 !) so all those firmware updates haven’t fixed it :frowning: