2000 object limitation on Clip Sport

Will there be a future firmware release that goes beyond the 2000 object limitation of the catalog?

Hello,

i would like to inform you that this is a user forum so we cant answer to your question. so i think that it would be better if you contact sandisk direct to tell you if they will have a future release with the firmware of the clip sport.

Thanks. I have done that.

Hello,

very good then you shall wait for a reply with the information you need.

hopefully they will update it soon :smiley:

@deponia wrote:

Hello,

i would like to inform you that this is a user forum so we cant answer to your question. so i think that it would be better if you contact sandisk direct to tell you if they will have a future release with the firmware of the clip sport.

Actually, we indeed can provide info. and best guesses here.  Based on how long it’s been since a last firmware upgrade as well as hardware and software limitations, it seems unlikely that the 2000 limit will be raised in the future.  And I would be surprised to see a firmware upgrade. 

@bkm wrote:

Will there be a future firmware release that goes beyond the 2000 object limitation of the catalog?

Actually, when the Sport was first released, the limit was 4000 int./4000 card. After the 1st firmware update, to accomodate other fixes and features, the limit was cut in half to its current limit of 2000 int./2000 card.

So no, there won’t be a firmware update to increase it. if that were possible, the limit would not have been dropped when the 1st f/w update was released.

Greetings,

I just baught a sport, girlfriend loved the great battery life…

She had a 160 gig ipod, and i baught a 64gb card…

I used Media Monkey to put 25 playlists, 4500 songs on it and  ??? only the first 2000 songs from the playlists seen bummer 

I read some, and i noticed some other people mentioned there workarounds… using the folder method of enjoying theresongs…

My little addition is I used Media Monkey to put my playlists into a custom file structure on the external card, Music/Playlist… with the songs in each folder for each playlist and, ahhh, it worked, now the sport player will see and play the 6,500 songs in the different playlist folders, you navacate with the Folders, external , music, then pick your playlist folder…

I hope this helps others enjoy the little sport and there music…

I had to create a custom file structure in Media Monkey… you could do the same using Windows explorer and the external memore card, all your choice,

Enjoy