Sandisk clip sport plus

My SanDisk Clip Sport Plus Has No ID3 Tags My Music Is Mixed Up Will There Be A Firmware For this?

the sport plus does in fact support id3 tag sorting. Are you sure your music has the id3 tags filled out? If not you would have to edit that info. the clip sport does not add or edit id3 tags on its own. 

if you are sure the ID3 tag info is present please provide more info about the file. what file type and source etc. If you can PM a link with a few sample files I will be happy to take a look and see if we can find the reason for the sorting issues. 

And a good tag viewer/editor:  MP3Tag.  http://www.mp3tag.de/en/index.html

I am also having a similiar problem with my new Clip Sport Plus not fully recognizing track numbers/ ID3 tags.  On one of my music albums (11 tracks total) track #10 always plays as track #2. Then what should be #3 plays as 4 and so forth. Basically #10 has been inserted between #1 and #2.  The displayed information on the player shows the track as being 2/11.  I have just checked the ID# tag information with the program “Stamp” suggested by another user in this thread.  It clearly shows the track as being #10.  I have compared all the album tracks on the player as well as my computer and I cannot see anything unusual.  … The album is Josh Ritter’s “The Animal Years”.

The player appears to not have a workable bookmarking feature on Audible books. The player does not remember where it was on Audible books after leaving to listen to music.  Also, attaching to the computer to download music causes the Audible book to go back to the beginning, without giving me a choice of “Resume or Start Over”. I have even had this happen when giving the player a lengthy charge. … Audible.com users need to be aware of where they are in a book.  … I DO have the “chapter mode” set to “on”. 

I have used various models of MP3 players for many years to do mostly Audible.com books.  Very recently I switched from my dying Clip Zip to this Clip Sport Plus.  On a positive note, I am enjoying the Bluetooth feature. And the sound seems much improved over my old Clip Zip using the my old wired headphones. I mostly do Audible books, but occasionally listen to music; just need to be careful now.

Here is a suggestion for your recent question:

I am also having a similiar problem with my new Clip Sport Plus not fully recognizing track numbers/ ID3 tags.  On one of my music albums (11 tracks total) track #10 always plays as track #2. Then what should be #3 plays as 4 and so forth. Basically #10 has been inserted between #1 and #2.  The displayed information on the player shows the track as being 2/11.  I have just checked the ID# tag information with the program “Stamp” suggested by another user in this thread.  It clearly shows the track as being #10

->Try using 2-digit track numbers in your ID3 tags, starting with 01, 02, etc.

->Do not use 1, 2, etc.  Do not use 1/11, 2/11, etc.  Do not use 01/11, 02/11, etc.

Please report back here with your results.

1 Like

As suggested, I used “Stamp” program to change the track numbers to double digits, i.e. 01, 02, 03 etc.

Very odd.  The files are now coming up in the following order:  10, 01, 11, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 .  Changing to the double digits actually threw it off a little more…

I have confirmed that “shuffle” is off, and have gone in and out of the album several times. Same result/order each time.

The ID3 tag editor cited by SanDisk forum member Miikerman is “mp3tag”.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/index.html

This free program for PC (shareware) has many exccellent features that are perfect for use with SanDisk players.

You can use it to quickly renumber audio file track numbers using 2-digit numbers with leading zeros.

ALSO, SanDisk players work best with ID3 tag data formatted as  ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1.

(I usually delete all other tag types, such as APE, etc)

1 Like

oops… sorry about the wrong program; i downloaded the wrong mp3 editor.  I had gone to the posted link but got fooled into downloading a different program. 

So I now have the program “mp3tag” installed.  It wanted to number the tracks 01/11, 02/11, 03/11, etc so I went ahead and let it do it in that manner, but it did not help. The tracks are now in the same order as my previous post 10, 01, 11, 02, 03, 04, 05 06, 07, 08, 09. The software shows the tag  as ID3v2.3

OK. Thanks for testing my suggestions.

Try to change the track numbers using mp3tag.

Use 01, 02, 03, etc.  Make sure these numbers match the sequence you want the audio files to play in your Clip Sport+

Do not accept 01/11  etc.

If you cannot change the track numbers, then maybe your audio files are “read only” ?

Mp3tag software is really amazing. Once you get a pleasing result, you should try the many other automated procedures,

1 Like

still the wrong order… I used Mp3tag software and manually numbered the tracks in the format 01, 02, 03, etc.  Track number 10 is still coming a the top of the list. I have tried turning the player off and back on.  I reconnected to my pc and the Mp3tag software to confirm the track numbering and everything appears ok. 

OK. Thanks for trying all my suggestions. Must be one little item remaining to be resolved ??

-> The 2-digit track numbers are only recognized by MUSIC mode.(and by BOOKS mode).

(FOLDER mode reads the filenames and ignores the track numbers.)

-> If you want to try FOLDER mode, then read the information at this webpage (FatSorter software).
      (Your filenames should begin with the 2-digit track numbers followed by a space or hyphen.)

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-Management/FAT-Sorter.shtml

Here is a link to the Clip Sport Plus user manual.

http://downloads.sandisk.com/downloads/um/clipsportplus-um.pdf

This looks like a bug. I have the same issue. Tracks are sorted 01, 10, 02, 03…

I have reported the issue to sandisk support and provided sample files. Hopefully they can have a fix in the next FW release. 

1 Like

Thanks for verifying this problem and reporting to SanDisk Support.

I do not own a Clip Sport Plus and I was guessing it would read track numbers the same as a Clip Sport.

I will use more caution before trying to give advice for the CS+.

Hi there, newbie here.

I came to confirm the sorting issue on the Sansa Clip Sport Plus.

Track number tag never display in the right order, whether with or without leading zeroes. (and obviously without total tracks number)

I tried all ID Tag versions, no luck either.

This is a bug, sorting numbers shouldn’t be that hard to get right.

My workaround is to include the track number (with leading zero) in the title tag:

This is done easily with a “Tag - Tag” conversion in Mp3tag:

Field: Tag

Format string: %track% - %title%

then delete all Track tags (still with Mp3tag: select all, then delete the Track field on the left bar, and save.)

Without track tags, songs are sorted by title (alphabetically, therefore following the now embedded 2-digit numbering).

This way, the track number is also displayed during playback or browsing through an album, which I like.

I must say that I’m highly disappointed in this player. On top of this issue, I had to fiddle a ton with album arts (resolution limit, size limit, jpeg options, etc…). Basically you must carefully reformat everything you put on this player if you want it to play it right. (and yes, I have the latest 2.09 firmware).

I won’t start listing the features I would like to see, as it barely performs the most basic tasks for which users are interested in a color screen in the first place.

Sorry for the rant, at least I proposed my solution. It’s a hassle, but it works.

Best,

Tony

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, Tony83. I was excited about the Clip Sport Plus, hoping that it would resolve some of the issues I had with the old Clip Sport, but now I’m reticent to purchase one.

A couple questions. Does the Sport Plus cut off the album names like the old Sport did? This caused folders for multi-disc albums to get sorted together which was a real pain. And is there a way to effectively deal with compliation albums using the “Album Artist” tag so the player doesn’t create a separate folder for each artist in the compilation? This was another annoying limitation of the old Sport.

Here is a knowledgebase article that shows the sorting algorithm for the sandisk MP3 players. The sport plus sorts based off of more characters than the sport or jam. 

https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20092/ 

for compilation albums and using the album artist tag, these are handled the same way as the sport. 

After all these years of making players one would think they could figure out gapless playback especially for Flac.