Accepted Solution

No Album Art Showing

I can't get album art to show up on my player. I am transferring from iTunes to the player (drag and drop) and the music transfers just fine but no art will show up.

After trolling forums I've tried all of the following:

Updating the Sandisk firmare

Converting the ID3 tags to v.2.3 (also tried v. 2.4)

Making sure my images are perfect squares

Making sure my images are below 100kb

Adding the image as a seperate file names "album art.jpg"

Still no album art on my player. Everything looks great on my computer but it will not show on the actual player. Help?

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 12.32.14 PM.png
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Re: No Album Art Showing

[ Edited ]

With the helpful information in this Forum and a lot of trial & error, I figured out a way to get album art displayed on my mp3 files with my Clip Sport (non Plus version). I use the software "mp3tag". Maybe it is also possible using iTunes or many others ??

1. I use ID3 tag version 2.3 and I delete all other tag format data from the mp3 files (v2.1, v2.2, v2.4, APE, etc).

I use ID3 v2.3 (ISO-8859-1).

2. I use jpg album art files that are approx 250 x 250 pixels and 72 DPI. When saving the jpg file. I clear all "EXIF" data (if exist).

3. I make sure all current embedded album art is deleted from my mp3 files. Then I embed one 250 pixel jpg file into the mp3 files.  

4. A handy trick with SanDisk players is to delete all embedded art from a subfolder of mp3 files. Then you can save one corresponding album art file as "folder.jpg" in the same subdirectory with the cleaned mp3 files.

Random Notes:

->Sometimes just deleting all non-v2.3 tag data will do the trick of displaying the current embedded album art. (Yay !!)

->PNG album art does not work for me.

->Large size album art (default from iTunes) does not work for me.

->There is a whole alternate reality of details to get album art to display with "m4a" files that use ID3 v2.4 data.

SanDisk Professor

AND, another thing.....

Are you using a Mac computer to curate your mp3 files and album art files?

That is a whole other world of fussy details that really delayed my full enjoyment of my Clip Sport.

( I ended up using my favorite MS Win apps with my Mac Mini using WINE Bottler.)

Thank you so much for all your advice. I tried several of your suggestions (though a few like the EXIF extension I don't know how to do).

What I DID do that worked was found ONE photo that worked for whatever reason, then copy and pasted every other graphic on top of it in a photo program and saved it, then reassigned the graphic in iTunes. That seemed to work (took four hours to get through them all but it's done!)

and yes it is a mac Smiley Happy