No Album Art Showing

With the helpful information in this Forum and a lot of trial & error, I figured out a way to get album art displayed on my mp3 files with my Clip Sport (non Plus version). I use the software “mp3tag”. Maybe it is also possible using iTunes or many others ??

1. I use ID3 tag version 2.3 and I delete all other tag format data from the mp3 files (v2.1, v2.2, v2.4, APE, etc).

I use ID3 v2.3 (ISO-8859-1).

1. I use jpg album art files that are approx 250 x 250 pixels and 72 DPI. When saving the jpg file. I clear all “EXIF” data (if exist).

2. I make sure all current embedded album art is deleted from my mp3 files. Then I embed one 250 pixel jpg file into the mp3 files.  

3. A handy trick with SanDisk players is to delete all embedded art from a subfolder of mp3 files. Then you can save one corresponding album art file as “folder.jpg” in the same subdirectory with the cleaned mp3 files.

Random Notes:

->Sometimes just deleting all non-v2.3 tag data will do the trick of displaying the current embedded album art. (Yay !!)

->PNG album art does not work for me.

->Large size album art (default from iTunes) does not work for me.

->There is a whole alternate reality of details to get album art to display with “m4a” files that use ID3 v2.4 data.