SanDisk User

New Player

What is up with the new player Sandisk Clip Sports+. Will it have a more rebust chip then the Sport.

SanDisk Fanatic

Re: New Player

[ Edited ]

Here is the link to the SanDisk webpage.

https://www.sandisk.com/home/mp3-players/clip-sport-plus

16 gb on-board memory (4000 songs) WITH genre sorting AND bluetooth connectivity.

One thing not described is the micro SD card.

Maybe the slot was eliminated to make the player water resistant?

And, eliminates confusions related to database limitations with >16 gb memory cards?

SanDisk User

Any info on Audible compliance? 

If so does it address any of the existing issues with utilizing Audible's single file, enhanced mode? 

Administrator

DFELD2005 wrote:

One thing not described is the micro SD card.

Maybe the slot was eliminated to make the player water resistant?

Correct, the Clip Sport Plus does not have an external card slot due to the IPX5 water resistant rating. 

Administrator

mgkurilla wrote:

Any info on Audible compliance? 

If so does it address any of the existing issues with utilizing Audible's single file, enhanced mode? 

Audible is not currently supported however there will be a future FW update that will provide Audible support. The Audible implementation will be the same as the current Clip Sport implementation. 

Highlighted
Administrator

DFELD2005 wrote:

16 gb on-board memory (4000 songs) WITH genre sorting AND bluetooth connectivity. 

Can you let me know where exactly you see this? The Clip Sport Plus does NOT support genre sorting. 

SanDisk Fanatic

I found the user manual for the new Clip Sport Plus at this web-link.

http://downloads.sandisk.com/downloads/um/clipsportplus-um.pdf

I noticed this comment on page 18:

• Genres shuffles all songs from all genres, or enables scrolling to select a desired genre. Artists will appear in selected genre.

This option was always missing from the 1st gen Clip Sport.

SanDisk Fanatic

Re: New Player with BlueTooth

[ Edited ]

I am still "on the fence" after buying a few BlueTooth in-ear headphones. When they connect right away, they are kinda fun for 3-4 hours of charge. When they do not connect immediately, I really need a lot of patience and Off / On cycles to get it working.

But this puts the Clip Sport Plus in sync with the new iPhone 7 series that require BlueTooth (unless you buy their adaptor).

Administrator

DFELD2005 wrote:

• Genres shuffles all songs from all genres, or enables scrolling to select a desired genre. Artists will appear in selected genre.

Thank you for the report. This is a mistake in the UM. I have reported it to the product team. We should have an updated UM which removes this statement soon. 

SanDisk Guru

slotmonsta wrote:

DFELD2005 wrote:

Thank you for the report. This is a mistake in the UM. I have reported it to the product team. We should have an updated UM which removes this statement soon. 

There is also a boo-boo in the Firmware 1.10 Download instructions here on the forum.

It says:

" • Remove any external card from the Clip Sport Plus before performing firmware update"

Obviously a copy & paste from other firmware installation intructions oversight. Smiley Wink

May be OT for this thread, but this:

"3. FM radio functionality requires wired earphones" is baffling to my meager grey matter. I understand that even a buetooth-capable device should have a headphone jack for those who don't want (or can't afford) wireless phones/buds, but I don't get why FM radio would require wired phones but playing mp3's can support bluetooth connectivity.

I'm sure there's a logical or technological reason, but on the surface it seems a bit strange. Smiley Frustrated