M3U playlist empty

One final follow up here for Clip Sport Plus owners, the playlist must be located in the same folder as the .mp3 files in the device’s Music folder, not in the device’s Playlist folder.  

For example, if you have an album of music that you’ve put in a folder called Album A, then the playlist for that album must also be stored in folder Album A on the device.

Interesting enough though, when you want to select that playlist, it will show up in the devices Playlist folder.

Also, the playlist is simply an ASCII text file with a list of the songs you have in the folder. No extra header information is required. For example, 

Song_1

Song_2

Song_3

Make sure there is a carriage return after the last file in the playlist or that last song will not play.

As part of the investigation of my problem, Sandisk tech support sent me the following link to a batch file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b610lke6tents7e/Playlist3.bat?dl=0

Simply put the batch file in your desired music folder, i.e., Album A, and run it.  The batch file with create a playlist titled Playlist.m3u in the correct format.  You can rename that playlist to Album A or whatever, and store it on your device.

Good Luck!

2 Likes