Clip Sport shuffles audiobooks

I need help! I’ve had my Clip Sport for over a year and listen to MP3 audiobooks only. All of a sudden it has started shuffling the parts and I’ve checked to make sure shuffle is off. Books are automatically downloaded to the music file and that’s worked great until now. I don’t know what to do and it’s making me crazy. HELP!

Here are a few suggestions for you to try and maybe you will not need to dive into the “deep end” of ID3 tag editing.

1. Have you tried copying your audiobook files into subfolders inside the main “Audiobooks” folder?

One advantage of this storage location is the player will create one “resume” point for each audio file.

(But the player does not display a list of most recently played audiobook files.)

1. Have you looked into all the possible “shuffle” control points in the various menus (Music only)?

Settings -> System Settings -> Music -> Shuffle On/Off (no shuffle option for Audiobooks)

Music Menu -> Shuffle selection 

Music playing -> Music Options [=] -> Shuffle On/Off (no shuffle option for Audiobooks)

Sounds like a plan but for one thing-when you go to books it only offers Audible and I download from the library as MP3’s.

I think I did it! Checked the manual and found audiobooks, so thanks very much and it wasn’t too technical!!

I have put books into folders.   However, this seems like a ridiculous inconvenient thing to me.  I have used SanDisk MP3 players for decades to listen to books.  I have listened to thousands and stuck with SanDisk because they were so reliable and played all the formats offered at the library.  It is only the “new improved” Sport Clip that has been a problem.  Seriously I have deleted books because they played in some foolish random order and ruined the whole story for me.  Am I to understand that I have to take the time to create a folder for every book or download some software to get books to play inn order?  If only my 8 year old player would keep it’s battery going.