Bluetooth range not very good

I use the sandisk clip sport plus with gopro earbuds. I connect them with bluetooth. The devices pair with no trouble at all. The trouble is the range. I must have the sandisk in the same room or i lose the feed. I use it to play tinnitus (ringing in the ear) sound programs when I sleep at night. I clip the mp3 player to my shorts and put the earbud in my ear. If put the side of my head with the earbud on my pillow, I lose the feed. If I put on a tshirt and cover the mp3 player with the tshirt, I lose the feed. This seams way to weak. Does this mp3 player use class 1 bluetooth? What can I do to improve the range. 

Re: Bluetooth range not very good

[ Edited ]

I am on 2.13 firmware.  I cannot put it in my pocket without skipping.  I cannot move it more than 3 inches away from my bluetooth earbuds without skipping.  At this moment,  I literally have my player out 6 inches in front of me and it's still skipping.  This is ridiculous.  If anyone remembers what CD skipping used to sound/feel like, this is what happens with the sport plus.  This is totally unacceptable.  Product works fine with wired connection (as do previous models), but I bought this specifically for the bluetooth feature for a dedicated mp3 player.  Time to return to Target.  I honestly cannot believe this is being sold in 2017, let alone for 60 bucks.