Airpods

So, I bought this to try and run with my airpods without using my phone. I have a cheap agptek bluetooth player that pairs with them (worst software ever though) so i know they can work with even small mp3 players. 

I assumed that the sandisk would be higher quality and work fine, but they won't pair at all. I set pairing mode on the airpods, see the mac address appear on the sandisk, but then when I click on it the player just sits there waiting and doing nothing.

Has anyone ever seen this type of behavior with it? I know the airpods are different but I've tested pairing them to my phone, PC, raspberry pie, alexa all fine.

SanDisk Guru

Re: Airpods

IIRC the clip sport plus currently has some computability issues with the Apple Airpods. From what I understand they are working on a fix but I have not seen any ETA when a fix may be released. 

Really?? So you heard specifically about the airpods? Interesting....

Doesn't work with my new BeatsX either Smiley Sad LAME

Going to return mine - if you have any newer version of Bluetooth headphones (BeatsX, Airpods, etc.) they don't have the firmware update to pair with those headsets and have been completely silent about when they will add a patch.

Great mp3 player but I bought it for bluetooth and it doesn't work with my super nice BeatsX so is basically worthless; just going to return and use my old SanDisk player with wired headphones.

SanDisk Guru

Devbert wrote:

Great mp3 player but I bought it for bluetooth and it doesn't work with my super nice BeatsX so is basically worthless; just going to return and use my old SanDisk player with wired headphones.

The Sport Plus has a traditional head/earphone jack so you could simply use your wired headphones until a firmware update is released that supports the Airpods.

I already have an old SanDisk without bluetooth that works fine; specifically bought this one for the bluetooth capabilities and they don't work with newer model bluetooth headphones.

Doesn't make sense to give them money for something that doesn't work when I have an older model that will already do that.