'audible' '.aa' files: how to 'activate' device?

Just to report back that using the ‘Audible Manager’ on Windows worked - eventually.

It’s actually a bit confusing to do : I had to download and install the ‘Audible Manager’ - sign into Audible (Via that program) ; but it did not show my Library.

I then used the option to ‘upgrade’ the Audible Software: which involves it shutting down (and promising to restart) itself.

Since the program didn’t appear to restart itself -  I clicked another program the ‘Audible Update Manager’ - which noticed the Clip was plugged in and asked me to activate - I clicked ‘yes’.

After this reported back as having worked: I unplugged the Clip Jam from the PC and was able to play file .aa file (which I had already previously copied over to the Clip when it was ‘unactivated’).

The process created a new binary file called “AudibleActivation.sys” on my Clip - and this seems to be the magic ingredient it needs.

I’ll take up the issue with nothing showing up my Audible Library with Audible themselves - but I think I should still be able to use the Web-Based front-end to download the .aa files as before - but they will (probably) just work now that the device has the special file.

Thanks again for the support on this.