Systems settings not saved - SanDisk claims this is how it was designed!!!

I sent the following request to Customer Care:

" I made a change  to the Sleep settings (from none to 60 minutes). The settings are not saved when I turn the mp3 off and then on again."

The unbelievable response I received from Support was the following:

"Thank you for contacting SanDisk Customer Care.

Please be informed that the “Sleep” setting on your Clip Jam player has been designed this way so that you can set it up anew in each session that you are using your player. This setting can not be set to a permanent parameter. The way that you can see it working is the way it has been intended to work."

Neve again will I buy any product from this compnay.

I have a Clip Sport and the Sleep setting works exactly as you described:

Please be informed that the “Sleep” setting on your Clip Jam player has been designed this way so that you can set it up anew in each session that you are using your player.

I own several DAP devices (iPods, iPhone, Cowan, Creative Zen) and none of them will automatically restart their internal Sleep Timer. Apple devices will remember the last selected Sleep Time but not auto-restart the timer.  I wonder if any current available DAP includes an auto-restarting Sleep Timer?

2 Likes

Yes, this is the way it is designed to work. Sorry you don’t agree with the way it operates, but rarely does any piece of electronic equipment do everything everyone wants.

1 Like

And btw, I just bought a new Timex am/fm radio alarm clock. While it has a number of features I like (digital tuner, AUX IN port, USB charging port, etc.) when I go to bed and hit the Sleep timer I have to hit the button numerous times to set the amount of minutes (90, 80, 70, 60, 50, 40, 30, 20, 10, OFF) I want it to turn off in. And I have to do this EVERY time/night.

So obviously, the Clip Jam is not the only device that is set up this way. It has a great number of features that are positive and is a great value for what it does, so (in my opinion anyway) this minor inconvenience is just that . . . minor.

If you feel differently, by all means return it and buy something that fits your needs and desires more. Good luck in your search.

The issue is that I fall asleep with the mp3 at nigh and it stays on the whole night & therefore the battery is drained in the morning. This did not happen with the Clip + which automatically turned off afte a defined period of time.

You’ll just have to set the Sleep Timer each time before you go to sleep is all. :wink:

1 Like