Sandisk Clip Jam Equalizer (EQ) settings do not affect Podcasts and Audiobooks.

I thought I was missing something, but it appears that podcasts and audiobooks are not affected by any changes to the Equalizer settings. Apparently, the EQ only affects music. The work around is to place podcasts and audiobooks in the music folder, but then the player does not keep track of paused music tracks. Since I listen on multiple headphones and speaker setups, this is another omission in the jam compared to the plus. I’m going to really miss that feature, and it’s curious why it could not be implemented since it works with music tracks.

@napynap wrote:

Apparently, the EQ only affects music.

This is correct.

@napynap wrote:

The work around is to place podcasts and audiobooks in the music folder, but then the player does not keep track of paused music tracks.

Also correct.

@napynap wrote:

this is another omission in the jam compared to the plus. I’m going to really miss that feature, and it’s curious why it could not be implemented since it works with music tracks.

If I recall correctly, it has been like this on all SanDisk mp3 players.

I can’t speak for all SanDisk mp3 players, but I know for sure the Clip+ EQ affected Podcasts. I listen to several different podcast sources using varied speakers (car,  headphones, usb speakers), so adjusting EQ is very important to me. I wish it would be made available in the next firmware update for the Clip Jam.