SanDisk Clip Jam Firmware 1.03 Download and Installation Instructions

Firmware is the software code that powers your Clip Jam. You can think of it as the operating system.  SanDisk actively and periodically updates the capabilities, functionality, and reliability of the Firmware.  For an optimal experience with your Clip Jam, SanDisk recommends that you update your Firmware with each new release.  It’s fast, easy, and free!

SanDisk has released firmware version 1.03 for the SanDisk Clip Jam. Download links and the release notes are available below.

SanDisk Clip Jam Firmware 1.03 Download and Installation instructions

Manual Firmware Update (All Regions) - Click here to download

All languages are now in one firmware version. After firmware update you will need to select your Language and Region preference.

• Remove any external card from the Clip Jam before performing firmware update
• Ensure your battery is > 50% full.
• Plug in your SanDisk Clip Jam to your computer.
• Download and save the upgrade.hex file linked above to a folder on your computer.
• Drag the file to the root directory of your SanDisk Clip Jam
• Disconnect the SanDisk Clip Jam and let the firmware update begin.
• Once it finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off.
• Turn the Clip Jam on, Select your language and region preference
• Once it is back to the main menu, head to “Settings” >“System Settings”> “Info”, and verify the “Version” is now 1.03".

I’m not seeing the release notes with the changes in this firmware

this is the first shipping FW. there are no release notes for changes because this is the first release. 

Will there be also an firmware upgrade which fixes the 2.000 file limitation to 4.000 (or even more?) like on the clip sport?

When will the next firmware update be? 

1 Like

This Update Did Not Solve Read Error!

As with all MP3 players with an external SD card option, including the SanDisk Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player, the shuffle all songs function is still not reading through both the internal and the external storage sources. Logic dictates that it read both storage’s as one; that way users can put songs A - M on one drive and N - Z on the other, allowing for a larger library capacity, which is the only logical reason to put an external drive on a device to begin with (and what makes the Sansa Clips stand out from the iPod Shuffle). Zero humans on Earth will want to be forced to continuously switch between sources. Please inform soon, that if it is going to remain this way, I can still return it as defective. 

I am a satisified, human owner of a SanDisk Clip Sport. 

I do not mind having separate Music databases on the internal memory and on the external micro SD card.

I think of this player as way more convenient and flexible than an iPod nano (and way cheaper).

I am getting used to saving my favorite tunes on the internal memory and swapping music files on the SD card and using multiple SD cards for more variety.  Also, I am discovering that Best Buy usually has a name brand 16 GB micro SD card on sale almost every week  for $10 or less (for a Class 10 card).

@paulanderson wrote:

the shuffle all songs function is still not reading through both the internal and the external storage sources.

And it won’t. This is not a read or other error. This is a limitation of the different hardware in this player. There’s nothing that can be done to allow this.

Hi - please - where/how do we find the “root directory” in this thing, to move copy of the downloaded/saved update file to???  Not recognizing anything as “root directory” in Windows Explorer when linked to the computer… does it show up as a different name??   REALLY would like to get this thing to work!   Thanks!! All best wishes - Jan

Root Directory = Uppermost folder structure (Music, Audiobooks, Playlists, etc.). It is akin to the C: drive on your computer.

Hi. Please, I’m in Nigeria and want to purchase SanDisk clip jam device. How do I go about this?