Playlist listing songs by their file name

Hey there

So, I finally got the playlist files working, but I’m having trouble with the fact that now the Jam isn’t reading the #EXTINF line, and just displays the file name in the playlist.

E.g.

EXTINF:220,340ml - Midnight

MUSIC\340ml\Moving\03 Midnight.mp3

The jam will display the song as “03 Midnight.mp3” instead of just “Midnight”. Anybody know why this happens?

Your question inspired me to do a little comparison using my Clip Sport.

While playing a simple playlist of 2 songs I discovered the following:

My Clip Sport will display the song title, artist name and album title if this data is listed in the ID3 tag.

My Clip Sport will display only the filename if the ID3 data is blank.

I tested it that out myself, just now, and still the same problem. All tags filled in correctly and the Jam still doesn’t seem to read the #EXTINF line or anything.

For the past 2 months I have been successfully using a simple batch file to create Playlists for subdirectories under Music on my Clip Sport. The text output of this batch file does not include the #EXTINF codes.

Maybe take a look at my recent posting in the Clip Sport Forum.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Clip-Sport/Simple-Batch-File-for-Playlist-of-Genre-Folders/m-p/359406#M3578

Sorry for the long absence. As for the batch script you made, I’m on Linux (Arch Linux) so I can’t really test this out. Could you post a sample of what the playlist it generates looks like?

No references to #EXTINF

I use the batch command directly in my subfolder of interest under Music on my Clip Sport

the   /s   command allows for adding files within embedded subfolders.

C:\Users\DFELD\Music\AINT NO MOUNTAIN\The Funk Brothers - Ain’t No Mountain High Enough.mp3

C:\Users\DFELD\Music\AINT NO MOUNTAIN\DIANA ROSS - Ain’t No Mountain High Enough (radio edit).mp3

C:\Users\DFELD\Music\AINT NO MOUNTAIN\Diana Ross + Temptations - Ain’t No Mountain High Enough.mp3

Drive Letter; foldername; subfolder; subfolder; subfolder; subfolder; filename

No references to #EXTINF

I use the batch command directly in my subfolder of interest under Music on my Clip Sport

the   /s   command allows for adding files within embedded subfolders.

E:\Music\AINT NO MOUNTAIN\The Funk Brothers - Ain’t No Mountain High Enough.mp3

E:\Music\AINT NO MOUNTAIN\DIANA ROSS - Ain’t No Mountain High Enough (radio edit).mp3

E:\Music\AINT NO MOUNTAIN\Diana Ross + Temptations - Ain’t No Mountain High Enough.mp3

Drive Letter:\foldername\subfolder\filename

Again, apologies for the absence, this keeps slipping my mind. So I tried your suggestion, and the playlist entries are still displaying the same way, filename.extension instead of the title tag of the mp3 files.