Clip Jam just won't turn on - need help ASAP

I got my Clip Jam for Christmas and I love it, I take it everywhere with me and I'm always careful with it. Three days ago, though, I went to plug it in to charge because the battery was running low. I left it for about an hour and a half, which should have been enough to fill it back up. When I went to unplug it, the screen was black and it was just completely unresponsive. Won't turn on, isn't recognized by my PC, and nothing seems to work. I spent two hours that night reading through all the fixes that seem to work for everyone, with the hard resets and so on, leaving it alone a few days to 'die' before plugging it in for a few hours, but absolutely nothing has worked. It's seriously making me mad, because now in less than 24 hours I'm going to be far from home on a weeklong trip that I was completely relying on having my player for. I'm desperate for solutions - please, if anyone can help me, it would be very much appreciated.

SanDisk Fanatic

Re: Clip Jam just won't turn on - need help ASAP

One of these methods always work for me with my oldeest Clip Sport.

WITH A CHARGED BATTERY

Hold down on the Power/Select button and count to 25. Then release the button. If no response repeat the process. 

WITH A DEAD BATTERY

Connect the player to a 1.0 amp USB charging source (not a computer).  Best results with the original micro USB cable.

Hold down on the Power/Select button and count to 25. Then release the button. If no response repeat the process. 

When you see the SanDisk logo. allow to charge for 3 hours.

I've done both of those dozens of times over the past three days and it's still unresponsive

SanDisk Fanatic

One more idea. Really sorry about your device.  

Maybe eject the micro USB memory card and try the 2 suggestions in my previous post.

Best Wishes

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the suggestion, but still nothing.

Insult to injury, the micro SD card springs out with so much force that it flew off somewhere and I can't find it (which is another issue I've had with this player).

Wondering if I should toss this and not deal with SanDisk stuff anymore - years ago I had another SanDisk player crash in a different way and nothing was able to fix that either. It's disheartening because it's getting increasingly difficult to find good standalone MP3 players that aren't iPhones or some garbage that requires iTunes and this was fitting my needs pretty ideally.