Car says "no media on device".

Anybody else have this problem?  Everytime I hook this new clip jam up to my car it says that there is no media on it…when there is.  Everything plays fine on the jam but there seems to be a problem with it communicating with the car.  What is the deal??  My old sandisk plays just fine in the car.  I purchased this one specifically to put all soundtracks on for the car…this is irritating as can be.  I feel like i wasted my money.  If there is a trick or something I’m missing…any help would be greatly appreciated.

What’s the format of the files on the player (.mp3, .wma, etc.)? And are the files on the player or the external SD card?

The files are mp3 and they are on the internal storage… I haven’t gotten a micro SD card for this one yet.

Maybe verify the micro USB cable you selected for your car connection will support data communication between your player and your Car audio system.    Many micro USB cables I have tested with my Clip Sport only allow charging, not data communication with my PC. 

@dfeld2005 wrote:

Maybe verify the micro USB cable you selected for your car connection will support data communication between your player and your Car audio system.    Many micro USB cables I have tested with my Clip Sport only allow charging, not data communication with my PC. 

Good suggestion!