Audiobooks filing

Hi, I have downloaded an audiobook to my SanDisk Clip Jam and couldn’t at first find it as I looked under Audiobooks which is Empty! However I finally found it by going to Root version.sdk. Why has it gone to here and what does Root version.sdk mean?

I guess all audiobooks will likewise go to this home.

Any help or explanation would be much appreciated.

enrie

The “version.sdk” file in the root directory of your Clip Jam is part of the operating system.

This file is not your missing audiobook file. Do not move or delete this file !!

There are several SanDisk Forum members who use their Clip Jam to listen to audiobooks. Maybe you can provide more information about the provider / source of your audio book files and the method you are using to copy to your Clip Jam?

Thank you for your reply. Although the file is in this root directory it plays the audiobook and the audiobook itself is empty.

I am using Overdrive to download library audiobooks.

Just to add a bit of info to my posting. I use the Overdrive app to transfer the audiobook files to my Clip Jam but which strangely go to the Root part and not to the Audiobook part of Clip Jam

I have used Overdrive software and audio books provided by my local public library.

The most reliable way to listen to these audio files on your Clip Jam is to first download one audiobook to the corresponding Overdrive archive folder on your computer (PC or Mac).  Then use Windows File Explorer (or Mac Finder) to copy the archive folder to your Clip Jam inside the Audiobooks folder.  

This is the first step in the process for Clip Jam (and Clip Sport)… You may need to edit the ID3 tags of the audio files

Maybe report back here with your progress.

You can find your downloaded Overdrive audiobooks inside this system of folders on your Windows PC.

“This PC” > “Music” > “MyMedia” > “OverDrive” > “long foldername”

You can figure out the identity of the audiobook by clicking into each “long foldername” folder.

After you copy one of these folders into Audiobooks on your Clip Jam, maybe rename the folder to something more obvious.

I hope this helps…

2 Likes

Thank you for all your postings and help. I have spent a few days trying to work this out without success but now with your suggestions and information I can download audiobooks by dragging and dropping them from Overdrive onto the right place on my Clip Jam.

Again many thanks

@dfeld2005 wrote:

You can find your downloaded Overdrive audiobooks inside this system of folders on your Windows PC.

“This PC” > “Music” > “MyMedia” > “OverDrive” > “long foldername”

You can figure out the identity of the audiobook by clicking into each “long foldername” folder.

After you copy one of these folders into Audiobooks on your Clip Jam, maybe rename the folder to something more obvious.

I hope this helps…

On my PC the tracks get downloaded to “D:\My Music\Book Name”.

Windows 7 x64 Pro

@dfeld2005 wrote:

I have used Overdrive software and audio books provided by my local public library.

The most reliable way to listen to these audio files on your Clip Jam is to first download one audiobook to the corresponding Overdrive archive folder on your computer (PC or Mac).  Then use Windows File Explorer (or Mac Finder) to copy the archive folder to your Clip Jam inside the Audiobooks folder.  

This is the first step in the process for Clip Jam (and Clip Sport)… You may need to edit the ID3 tags of the audio files

Maybe report back here with your progress.

Wow, this is retarded. With my Clip Zip and Clip Plus I was able to transfer the files directly from the Overdrive app to the device, and that’s it! Now I have to first shorten the title parameter and change the genre of all the tracks using MP3Tag. Lame!