(anon)
Accepted Solution

ImageMate 5-1 reader Not reading a SanDisk Mobile 2gb Micro SD

So I have an ImageMate 5-1 reader that works with every SD/miniSD/memoryPro etc etc but it's Not reading a SanDisk Mobile 2gb Micro SD. Does anyone know why?

Is it that it is too old to be compatible with a same-brand product? I'm so frustrated because although I can transfer files via bluetooth, it's a pain in the butt. I can't do the firmware update b/c I use a mac and it's not universal I don't believe and I don't want to spend the money on a new card reader.

Any sugestions???? Could it possibly be the card?

Help would be SOOO appreciated!!!

(anon)

Re: ImageMate 5-1 reader Not reading a SanDisk Mobile 2gb Micro SD

Are any of your other cards that do work 2GB?  Maybe you got an old reader that is not compatible with 2GB cards.
(anon)

I seem to be having the same problem, except with a 12 in 1 card reader.

Sandisk micro sd 2gb card in a sd card convertor that came with it (sandisk as well)  I have tested the card and adapter in a friends laptop built in sd card reader and it works fine.  I have upgraded firmware on the reader and still no luck.  I have tested on numberous computers and none can seem to get the card reader to show that the card is inserted despite the reader shows that a card is there (via green light being lit)

Any help would be appreciated.  The card reader model is 20-09-03066

(anon)

Fazz wrote:

I seem to be having the same problem, except with a 12 in 1 card reader.

Sandisk micro sd 2gb card in a sd card convertor that came with it (sandisk as well)  I have tested the card and adapter in a friends laptop built in sd card reader and it works fine.  I have upgraded firmware on the reader and still no luck.  I have tested on numberous computers and none can seem to get the card reader to show that the card is inserted despite the reader shows that a card is there (via green light being lit)

Any help would be appreciated.  The card reader model is 20-09-03066

I know you said that you tested the card in another reader and it works fine.  But by chance have you been able to test another card in the 12-in-1 reader just to make sure the SD slot is functioning (the green light does not necessarily mean it is working)?  Also, under My Computer, with the reader unplugged, what drive letters do you have?  When you plug the reader in, do you get 4 new ones, or some other number?

(anon)

Havn't got any other Sd cards to test, but yes when i connect it i do get 4 more drives.

(anon)

I have an ImageMate 5 in 1 reader model SDDR-99 v3 part 20-90-03028 and it will not read a 2gb SanDisk sd card.  The driver update appears to be for Windows only.  Hopefully they will provide one for Macs
(anon)

I am having this same issue.

Sandisk ImageMate 5-in-1 Reader, Model# SDDR-99 V3, Part# 20-90-03028

Sandisk MicroSD 2GB in 2 different Sandisk SD adapters

Sandisk MicroSD 1GB in 2 different Sandisk SD adapters

The reader will read other cards, SDs, no problem, but when the adapter card is in, nothing. The adapter cards read fine in my HP printer and in my Wii. So I know that both the reader and cards work, just not together. Am I just SOL with this reader?

(anon)

jdc03 wrote:

The reader will read other cards, SDs, no problem, but when the adapter card is in, nothing. The adapter cards read fine in my HP printer and in my Wii. So I know that both the reader and cards work, just not together. Am I just SOL with this reader?

Make sure you have the latest firmware on that reader:

http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1562

(anon)

fuzzy_logic wrote:

jdc03 wrote:

Make sure you have the latest firmware on that reader:

http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1562

I've tried to, but it tells me it can't find the reader. But the reader is working, and is listed in the My Computer list of drives.

XP SP2, if that means anything.

Edit:

Just uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, updated the firmware successfully, and everything is working fine now. Thank you Fuzzy!

Message Edited by jdc03 on 06-17-2008 09:05 PM