Sansa c140 stuck

I have read many message responses to the c140 froze on the splash screen but have not seen any real fix for the problem. I called sansa about this problem with my daughters and they tried to walk me through a formatting of it and got up to the part of going into my computer and clicking onto the player, then told me they would send me an e-mail to help with it. Well after 5 hrs. of playing with all of the options I have gotten to where if I hit format and waiting for close to 20 min. the song where it froze to start with will come up and by hitting play twice it will play correctly but as soon as I turn it off I am right back where I started frozen screen. I should clarify that when I hit format it shows on my computer screen that it cannot be done, but a second try it starts the formatting.  When done I unplug it from usb and wait, that is when the song comes up, then I do the double click on play and it start to play, nothing erased! Does anyone have a real answer to this problem or is everyone with this problem STUCK?

Dont know whether you found it as it is pretty well hidden on this forum, but there is help for the c100 series here under the

Dont know whether you found it as it is pretty well hidden on this forum, but there is help for the e100 & c100 series here under the MP3 Legacy banner.

There is a thread on players stuck on the splash screen. Is this one that you’ve already seen?

Hopefully there will be someone on that board who can help you. :smiley:

Dont know whether you found it as it is pretty well hidden on this forum, but there is help for the e100 & c100 series here under the MP3 Legacy banner.

There is a thread on players stuck on the splash screen. Is this one that you’ve already seen?

Hopefully there will be someone on that board who can help you. :smiley:

that thread no longer exists…  I have been referred there on numerous threads.  I need help reformatting my player.

You might find some help here using the Search box of the Forum. Unfortunately, the c100 series player is so old, it’s not even listed in SanDisk’s KnowledgeBase as a “Legacy” player. That pretty much means it’s prehistoric, so you’re going to have to dig to find anything on it.

Note, there is also Google which is a great resource for gleaning info from everywhere. Typing in “formatting a Sansa c140” reveals quite a lot. In fact, the 1st (top) result indicates you format it as you can with any other model; by connecting to the computer, right-clicking on it in Windows Explorer and selecting Format. :wink: