microsd adapter is not reading on my laptop

i have the microsd adapter with an 8gb card it will read on other computers but not mine. did i delete something by accident? do i need to download some type of software to get it to work again? please help!

1 Like

Is you laptop an older model? Maybe it pre-dates the SDHC (>2GB) format. If this is the case, I believe there’s an update on the MicroSoft Support website that can bring it up to speed.

you may be thinking of the microsoft update for SDHC cards larger than 8GB. that was pushed out over a year ago so if you have automatic updates turned on you will have that one. 

the update needed would be a firmware update for the reader if it is available. microsoft updates will not help for a SDHC incompatibility issue. 

its a brand new laptop i have only had it for about a year the card used to work on it and recently my virus protection software found a worm…but i couldnt figure out what was wrong with it before that so i deleted pics, music, ect… like i said it used to work on it but i think i might have deleted something on accident and now i cant figure out what i need to download or whatever to fix it… its an HP g60 notebook

there is nothing on the card that is needed that can be deleted. does the card work in other devices? if not its pardonably a bad card and will need to be replaced.

@revived_1 wrote:

i have the microsd adapter with an 8gb card it will read on other computers but not mine. did i delete something by accident? do i need to download some type of software to get it to work again? please help!

Simple questions;

Is the card still working with you mobile phone? (it could be a problem with the adapter)

have you tried using your phone as a means of reader?

have you tested other cards with your PC?

Have you checked under Device Manager if the Internal card reader has been disabled by accident or something?

i have a sandisk adapter with a 4gb micro and my laptop does not notice it, how do i make them connect to share