Won't recognize card now

I have a ScanDisk ImageMate All-in-one reader and it worked just fine 2 times to read my Ultra II 4GB card.

Then, all of a sudden, the device is recognized just fine with all of it’s drives, the blue light appears on the reader, but, when I try and click on a drive on my computer it says to insert a disk into the device to be able to read it.

What’s up?

Thanks

My ImageMate lights up when I insert a memory card, but my computer does not recognize my device. 

Can you try to run a Windows update and see how it works? I think it’s just worth the try.

I had the same problem. On closer inspection I found the last “pin” . actualy a flat wire that disapeared into the iner workings became loose and looked like a bend pin. In trying to “fix” it I realized it is not a pin. I photographed the pins and was horrified to see the sad state of the pins. Photograph attached. In one of the forums SanDisk ackknowledged that the pins were of inferior quality. What I could not establish is wether SanDisk are prepared to do anything about it. All I need is a good quality CF-card reader. I wonder if SanDisk can help me or should I rather get a Lexar profesional or Kingston? card pin image

@aart wrote:

In one of the forums SanDisk ackknowledged that the pins were of inferior quality. 

Where did you see this? I have never seen an official sandisk represenative make any such claim. 

Also your picture is linked wrong so we cant see it.