4GB micro card not working with my PC

I just went out and bought a 4GB micro SDHC card for my phone, and i want to put a bunch of music on it from my PC. but my PC won’t read the card, and everytime i try to ring up it’s menu, my comp freezes. Can someone please help me?

1 Like

Are you plugging the card in via a card reader? The 4GB card is the SDHC format, not merely SD. Not all card readers are compatible with this format.

1 Like

That might be my problem, do i need to download some new software to fix this problem or am i simply out of luck? Thanks

1 Like

Just get yourself another card reader. They’re pretty in-expensive. Just make sure it specifies that it is SDHC compliant. :smiley:

Haha, will do. and thanks very much for your help! :smiley:

Got a card reader, a SDMobileMate, with microsdhc compliance written on the item…but every time i try to use it to read a card onVista Ultimate, it gives me a response telling me Windows can’t read it, allow formatting.

What gives?

i also bought a 4gb micro sdhc memory card, and it came with its own memory card reader, but its still not working with my pc. what should i do?

@latrease01 wrote:

i also bought a 4gb micro sdhc memory card, and it came with its own memory card reader, but its still not working with my pc. what should i do?

How old is your computer? Does it have all the current Windows updates? Maybe it isn’t SDHC (>2GB) compliant. Check the MS website and see if there are any updates you’re missing; there’s one for the SDHC format.

@latrease01 wrote:

Try the update that  Tapeworm mentioned. I read somewhere that installing the SDHC update works.

If I may ask, does the card work with your mobile phone? Do you have another card you can test with the card reader?

Check also under Device Manager if there is an error sign and try to uninstall and reinstall it.

Right-click the entry with the error mark, select Uninstall. Then on the top menu, click Action , and then click Scan for hardware changes.

If your computer is connected to a Network, it might be a Drive Letter Conflict