New 128 GB Memory Card shows 120 MB of free space

Hi all, I have a brand new 128 GB SanDisk memory card that when I put into a SanDisk MicroMate USB and then insert into by Acer Laptop’s USB port shows only 120 MB of free space. Why???

I’m assuming you meant to type 120GB instead of 120MB. If so, this is a commonly asked question . . . and the answer:

http://petapixel.com/2012/10/10/why-hard-drives-and-memory-cards-have-less-space-than-advertised/

If it really does show only 120MB of free space, you have a problem.

Senior moment… of course you are correct, it is a
120 MB card and will never actually read 120 MB when queried… Thanks for the reply and Happy Holidays
Ken

Hi,

Sorry, I didn’t mind to reply to this post but I can’t see where I can start a new post…

My question is that I just received my order for a Sandisk Ultra microSDXC UH-1 128 GB.  When I inserted it into my tablet, it showed that I have 119 GB available not 128 GB.  Can you please tell me why?

Thanks

Sylvie

@montgrain wrote:

My question is that I just received my order for a Sandisk Ultra microSDXC UH-1 128 GB.  When I inserted it into my tablet, it showed that I have 119 GB available not 128 GB.  Can you please tell me why?

Click on the link in my previous message . . .

Montgrain wrote:

. . . but I can’t see where I can start a new post…

Click on the black New Message button in the upper left corner of the main board page you want to post in.