WiFi CF 128MB (SDWCFB-128) - Does anybody have the WIN98 SE drivers?

Hi all,

I have an old PC with W98 SE and I'm looking for drivers for the WiFi CF 128 MB.

I read the card compatibility on an old user guide but I can't find the driver on the Sundisk official site (maybe because w98 is in phase out....).

Thank in advance,

Mricc

P.S.: I cannot change to other OS.... unfortunately

Re: WiFi CF 128MB (SDWCFB-128) - Does anybody have the WIN98 SE drivers?

The only Windows driver for it is here:

128MB CF Wi-Fi Card 

I do not have Win98, so I am not sure what will happen when you run it. 

Unfortunately the computer goes in "freeze" mode with those drivers. I have a reference manual (year 2002) that reports how to install the card on win98.

I guess there were the driver for win98 at that time so. Maybe there are some 6 year old drivers somewhere....

can you help me? 

Thanks,

Mricc

Those are the only drivers released for that card.  The Windows Mobile 2002, Windows Mobile 2003 (both for PDA's) and the generic Windows (for PC) drivers.

If you can not get the generic ones to work, then it is possible you are having PCMCIA adapter problems or the drivers are not compatible with Win98.

Of course, with a product that has not been made in over 5 years, chances of finding any other info is going to be hard. 

Hi,

maybe the problem is on PCMCIA drivers actually using my Wifi card inserted in PCMCIA socket  I cannot see the 128MB memory card ad a mounted device.

Do you think should work?

If yes: what are the righ step to follow to install the device?

What are the right configurations in "Device Manager"? What perifheral should be actually present? (e.g.: PCMCIA IDE/ATAPI controller, PCI Controller, etc.)

The "PCI controller" is in Yellow mode...... but I don't know if this matters with PCMCIA.... 

Thank you very much,

Mricc

Double click on the PCI Controller and see if it says what is wrong, and if it gives an error code. 

Unfortunately, I have laptops with about every operating system EXCEPT for Win98, so I can not troubleshoot this here.