Accepted Solution

Sandisk 6-in-1 PC Card Adaptor

I just bought a Sandisk 6-in-1 PC Card Adaptor:

Model No: SDAD-67
Part No: 20-90-00130

My PC is IBM Thinkpad T41 Laptop

The Adaptor works well with a 512MB Kingston SD Card on my laptop.

However when I used it with "SanDISK 1 GB Micro SD card with SanDISK microSD/TransFlash Adaptor (to use micro SD as SD)", nothing showed up after inserting the card.

I have tried different ways to make above works but not successful.

Re: Sandisk 6-in-1 PC Card Adaptor

Can you verify that the MicroSD card, when used in the SD adapter, works in another device, like a camera?  I am wondering if you have a bad SD adapter.

yes. the 1GB MicroSD card, enclosed in SD adaptor, works perfectly well in my Canon Digital Camera and Dell D420 Laptop (the laptop has built-in SD card slot)

I am a same Adaptor with same problem. if put in 16MB SD media, it is working fine. if I insert 2GB SD media, it is no respoce at all. is the Adaptor have capacity limited? if yes, what is the limitation? 

It is limited to 1GB SD cards.

I have an adapter SDAD-67 with 4gb SDHC-card. I use it as a extra backup device on my Vista-based laptop Dell D630 and it worked fine a while.

But suddenly my Vista-computer stoped to recognize the adapter+card (but the adapter with the same card works fine on my XP-based laptop, and PCMCIA-slot on my Vista-laptop is OK-i tested it with a wirreless network card).

I run Vista x64 SP1 .

Anny solutions?

Is there a 1GB limit for other types of memory cards and the 6-in-1 adaptor?  Are there other adaptors that support larger capacity SD cards?

gibson335 wrote:
Is there a 1GB limit for other types of memory cards and the 6-in-1 adaptor?  Are there other adaptors that support larger capacity SD cards?

Yes, and some have a limit of 512 MB.  It just depends on the type of card you want to use.

There may be other manufacturers that make an adapter, but the PC Card form-factor is dead, so there will not be any released from SanDisk any more.