Accepted Solution

Nothing Happens when i insert Compact Flash PC Card Adapter

is my computer missing a driver of some sort? i insert my Compact Flash card and Compact Flash PC Card Adapter in my laptop, but nothing happens? tried it in my roommates laptops as well with the same result.

Re: Nothing Happens when i insert Compact Flash PC Card Adapter

Something should happen, such as a message, even if there are missing drivers.

Have the Device Manager open, and then insert the PC Card adapter, and see if the Device Manager "bounces" up and down, and let us know if you see an Unknown Device or something else appear with a exclamation point or question mark.

I am having the same problem, I have an 8GB micro SD card with an adapter that niether my desktop or any of my four laptops will read. I also have a 1GB micro SD card that all of my PC's will read. I have also tried reading a 2GB SD card that I use with my digital camera and again none of my PC's will read the card. It almost seems like any card 2 GB or over can not be read, is there some sort of update that I am missing or driver??? :smileysad:

I have the same problem.  Is the "SanDisk CompactFlash PC Card Adapter" even compatable with VISTA?  After I opened it and it didn't work, I noticed that the back says it is designed for all Microsoft Windows BUT Vista!  Help.

jpalac20 said:

------------------------------------------

I am having the same problem, I have an 8GB micro SD card with an adapter that niether my desktop or any of my four laptops will read. I    also have a 1GB micro SD card that all of my PC's will read. I have also tried reading a 2GB SD card that I use with my digital camera and again none of my PC's will read the card. It almost seems like any card 2 GB or over can not be read, is there some sort of update that I am missing or driver??? :smileysad:

------------------------------------------

Chances are, your reader is not SDHC compatible.

Having almost the same problem with my PC Card Adapter. I have SDDR-64-783 card under Windows XP SP3. When I insert it into my laptop it's being detected but cannot be identified. Default "Generic" driver doesn't work. It gives error "This device cannot start. Code 10". Otherwise if you tell windows to find the driver automatically it fails to do it and my card-reader is marked in the system as "PCMCIA UNKNOWN_MANUFACTURER". I have 5 different compact-flash cards of different capacity and they all give same result (don't work with card reader). I tried to use PC Card Adapter on another laptop (Win Vista there) from different manufacturer - same result. CF-cards works in the camera and data can be read and written. So the problem is most probably in the PC Card Reader itself.

Used to work with my laptop but after a while just stopped. :smileyfrustrated:

If this may help, I have Texas Instruments PCI-4520 CardBus Controller.

Any ideas?

Try updating the chipset drivers of your computer.