(anon)
Accepted Solution

Formatting a Cruzer micro 8GB in Mac OX10.6 for Vista

How do I do this?  I removed the U3 software.  I can get it to work on the mac, but I can't see it on my vista PC.  Furthermore, my vista PC won't let me format it.

Thanks

(anon)

Re: Formatting a Cruzer micro 8GB in Mac OX10.6 for Vista

You may have formatted the drive in the MAC OS File system which is not readable on Windows, take the drive back to the mac computer and format it to MS-DOS file system using Disk utility which is readable by both the OS
(anon)

OK, I tried that and then put the stick into my XP machine and it said "the disk in drive E is not formatted.  Do you want to format it now."

In the vista machine it says "you need to format the disk in drive i: before you can use it" - then it only lets me format 200MB.

please help - very frustrating!

(anon)

Try formatting the drive on the Vista machine with HP DISK STORAGE FORMAT TOOL
(anon)

I did this and the HP disk storage tool says the drive cannot be formatted. It can be seen on my mac but not on my pc. even formatting the 200mb portion won't work. help!

It's formatted on ms dos already. i have two micro cruzers not operational! please help i use these thumb drives a lot. usage for  both mac and windows is important for me.

Message Edited by m0nd on 10-27-2009 08:43 PM
(anon)

Uninstall the u3 from the Flash drive from the u3 uninstaller utility on www.u3.com/uninstall and reinstall it back from Here (if needed) using your windows vista machine, i would also suggest you to try the drive on a third computer and check the status