Sandisk free "rescue pro" download

For anyone wondering about the value of downloading the sandisk offer of a free one year download of “rescue pro” software issued with some products:

Last week I walked 16 miles in seveteen hours over eight English Lake District summits, (that,s not a boast, just a way of showing that I went to some effort to take the pictures I did). Photographing as I went, with a brand new nikon camera and a brand new sandisk extreme card, I took several hundred pictures but the best were the last 50 that were outstanding,  (to me), pictures of Wastwater from a summit I have never been on in all my 47 years of walking there.

They’d been sorted and basic editing done, but inexplicably these were all lost when I turned my hard drive on somedays later. I had  deleted them all from my card to empty it. i was utterley devastated and was planning to do the last bit of the walk again next week to take the pictures again. I thought I’d give “rescue Pro” a go. It came free with my sandisk card. It recovered all of my photographs, simply and quickly from the card, not the hard drive. It’s impossible to say how pleased I was. Thanks to Sandisk. Thanks to recovery Pro. both seem to be outstanding 

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this, and good for you!   :slight_smile:

A nice freeware file recovery tool, for both cards and hard drives:  Recuva.   http://www.piriform.com/recuva  

Thanks for your reply. I tried “recuva” first, chosen from a rcommendation on a website review. Whilst proceeding through the various steps to get to the recovery of files, I was asked if a third party could change my web browser. I refused permission, but when I closed the program I found that my google web browser had been removed from my computer and replaced by “Delta” which was accompanied by different dramatic alerts about the need to download computer fixes that my laptop suddenly needed. It took me some time to work out how to get rid of Delta, but while I was trying to  I began to get genuine Norton alerts that my Norton antivirus protection had been disabled and that my virus defenitions were out of date. Thankfully using the “Fix” option I was able to restore my antivirus quickly. I found that “recuva” displayed some of the missing files but not all. “Rescue Pro” made absolutely no effort to alter my browser. and displayed all of the missing files before restoring them. I might be wrong, but I got the impression that the “free” offer by “recuva” was very limited and was more like an attempt to lure me into using software that in reality had to be bought. While I have no objection to buying software, I think that software distributors should be transparent about their offers and should never try to alter settings on consumers computers. I was so pleased with every aspect of “Rescue Pro” and utterly confident that Sandisk would only recommend 100% genuine software providers who said what they meant and meant what they said, that when my download term expires I will definitely buy another years supply. I do accept the “Recuva” was recommended as the best of free recovery tools by one website reviewer and if it worked for you I wouldn’t want to discourage others from trying it.

Where can I get a free download of the full version of Rescue Pro? I have a serial number.

I have several Sandisk Extreme Pro CF & SD cards and the associated Rescue Pro software on mini CDs.

I’ve got a nightmare scenario on my hands having had my laptop stolen in a burglary with about a year and a half’s worth of images on it, and have resigned myself to recovering them from the cards.

Usually I’m very thorough with backing up, but I’d been very busy with house renovations and over that period I hadn’t been backing up!! Silly me, I know.

Anyway, I now have my replacement laptop via insurance claim, I had to purchase an external CD/DVD writer, however this does not accept mini cd’s, so I can’t install the Rescue Pro software that I have serial numbers for.

Any help on this matter will be appreciated. Thanks

Do you know here can I get a free download of the full version of Rescue Pro? I have a serial number. I have several Sandisk Extreme Pro CF & SD cards and the associated Rescue Pro software on mini CDs. I’ve got a nightmare scenario on my hands having had my laptop stolen in a burglary with about a year and a half’s worth of images on it, and have resigned myself to recovering them from the cards. Usually I’m very thorough with backing up, but I’d been very busy with house renovations and over that period I hadn’t been backing up!! Silly me, I know. Anyway, I now have my replacement laptop via insurance claim, I had to purchase an external CD/DVD writer, however this does not accept mini cd’s, so I can’t install the Rescue Pro software that I have serial numbers for. Any help on this matter will be appreciated. Thanks

You can download it from: SanDisk RescuePRO Offer - LC Technology, as it’s indicated next to the serial number