SanDisk Professor

Re: cannot format micro sd, believe me, i tried everything

Smiley Happy   Hi devangchauhan,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

Well, friend reads this page, and you will find the solution.

Luck.

Regards, Alfred.                                          (Google translated)

My 64GB ultra micro sd developed this problem too, i tried everything and still can't find a solution.  It started about 5 monthes ago i was watching a video on my Galaxy note 8.0 and suddenly the the tablet closed everything and said the memory card is corrupted.  I couldn't access it until i restarted my note then it started functioning normally.  I noticed the problem afterwards when pics and songs disappeared after i moved them into it and things i delete are brought back. Since then I've been trying every way possible to format it but nothing worked.

I too wanted to share my story so that nobody else buys it until a solution is found.

I didn't use it that long almost for only a year or less but because i bought it earlier before using it i couldn't use my warranty any more. 

SanDisk Guru

lovely-r wrote:

I didn't use it that long almost for only a year or less but because i bought it earlier before using it i couldn't use my warranty any more. 

Your card has a 7 year warranty. Are you saying you bought it longer ago than that? I doubt it, since they aren't that old.

Just called Sandisk support, and they said all their products have a 10 year warranty.  My replacement will be delivered when they get the bad one returned, which they will collect in the next day or so.  Solved!

eventhough this problem is a past few years ago. i just want to share how i fixed my microSD. i encountered all the problems that mentioned here. i tried formatting my micro to a different OSes, bunch of softwares which gve me the same error. then i said to myself i got a rooted htc phone which has an 4EXT recovery on it. i got 3 samsung device that has twrp and i never got my micro to get fix even cwm. so after almost a day banging my head trying to fix it. i inserted my micro to my old htc phone, and went to recovery, at first boot up it gve me an error that my micro sd won't get mounted. so i just let it boot up and when i'm inside the 4ext recovery i pick format sdcard. and it won't gave me an error. after i'm done formatting my micro i put the microsd to an adapter and check it on my linux and the red exclamation point was gone. so try it for yourself guys! 4ext.net goodluck!

4ext

I bought the same card. Same issue after about 2 years.  They are letting me RMA the card, and will hopefully send me a replacent. Not fun. 

Hi everyone, I am also using a Samsung Galaxy Note 2, with a Sandisk 64GB micro sd card. I am facing the same problem as you. After using the camera, the images / videos are not captured. And old images cannot be deleted even though I thought I had successfully deleted it using my phone or computer. Is the micro sd corrupt or my Note 2 has gone cranky?  

Well same thing happened to me. I tried the default SD formatter of a PC but didn't work. I tried EaseUS partition master, SD card Formatter and so many others even Aparted on android. My friend advised me to use a java phone to format it, I put the SD card into the old Nokia C2-00 I had and it worked. I formatted it and started using the card on my phone.

My GoPro Hero 3 black has now done this to 2 of my SanDisk 64gb micro sd xc's...

No longer under warranty... I take it niether GoPro or sandisk are gonna address the issue / provide refunds...

My GoPro Hero 3 black has now done this to 2 of my SanDisk 64gb micro sd xc's...

No longer under warranty... I take it niether GoPro or sandisk are gonna address the issue / provide refunds...

i'll try non-Sandisk when I go spend mo money on a new card..hopefully doesnt happen again... these cards being $50 CAD I hate to have to be buying new ones to replace faulty ones...