Cannot format micro sd, believe me, i tried everything

Ditto on the symptoms in my Samsung Galaxy Note II.  My 64GB SDXC sarted doing the same things after nine months of perfect service: videos won’t delete, pictures from my camera corrupt and it won’t format.

The OS on my phone hasn’t updated in quite some time and nothing else weird occured.  I submitted a request for a warranty replacement since I’ve only owned it for almost ten months.  I don’t really expect a resolution but wanted to post my experience here too.

I cant believe there are a lot who is experiencing the same thing. Just notice this happening to me a few days ago now its stuck to the contents it currently has. I hope there is a fix for this

I’m having the same issue with the 64GB SDXC and my Note 2. My Note 2 was recently updated to Android 4.3. Up until then things were working fine. But recently images that I have been taking have been corrupted and can’t be viewed or played (in the case of videos). 

I can not reformat the card either. I’ve tried in Windows 7 and receive a Format Complete message. And the card says 59.47GB available, but then all of my pictures come back, and I’m left with 20 GB. These files were supposed to have been deleted in the formatting process. But apparently not.

If there is write protection on the card then that makes sense.

This is frustrated. Any solutions yet?

Thanks,

Joe

I have ever encountered the similar memory card problem before. In order to save both of this card and inner stored data, I have also tried a lot.

Firstly back up all stored inaccessible data with the help of some card data recovery tool like 4Card Recovery

http://sd-card-format-recovery.blogspot.com/2013/11/recover-sd-card-after-formatting.html

And then try to format this card with a professional card formatter, though this formatter finally cannot format my card successfully.

So, I have no choice, but to replace this card latter.

But, fortunately, I have rescued my data with that data recovery tool.

Note: Just learn a lesson to back up all important data at least on two memory cards or drives in the future.   

After I purchased this card, not quite a year ago, I read forums similar to this about the 64gb micro SD card and Note 2s. Well it fianlly happened to me. I didn’t realize I had a problem until I tried listening to music on my phone and it not recognizing any music from my card. What is really surprising is that this thread is on SanDisks site and they have not chimed in on this problem. I am on Amazon a lot and Kingston chimes in whenever they see a rating of 3 stars or lower. I guess I’ll try reaching out to SanDisk.

I’m facing the same problem. If this isn’t resolved, I’ll have to post a negative review of the card on Amazon.

FYI, my card is the:

SanDisk Ultra 64GB MicroSDXC Class 10/UHS-1

http://amazon.com/gp/product/B009QZH6JS/

I’ve tried all the recommended format methods, can’t format/delete/write to this card from either Windows or Android. I even tried formatting via a camera, and it didn’t work.

You can resolve it by simply calling Sandisk for a warranty replacement.

Thanks, I’ve submitted a message to support via the site, but I’ll also call. Also, when I checked today, there already were plenty of negative reviews on Amazon from other customers with this problem.

Add another one to the list. Mine was in a Samsung Tablet Note 10.1

Bloody annoying after 18 months being perfect.

I will wait to see what happens to you guys

I called customer support as Tapeworm suggested, and they looked up my online support ticket submission and issued an RMA with UPS label. I just need to drop off my cut card (yes CUT - my agent said that I can cut the micro SD card in half in order to ensure that my data is inaccessible by anyone on the receiving end) at UPS and then they will send me a replacement.

FYI, you should ensure that the customer service rep records into his report that you will be cutting/drilling a hole/etc in your returning card. I wanted to make sure they are fine receiving a physically broken card as evidence of ownership. This was key, since the card retains your data, since it cannot be formatted or deleted. (I even tried a 30 second microwave while in a cup of water, but that didn’t destroy the card - so I ended up cutting lengthwise in half with pliers)

Thanks, Tapeworm for the suggestion to call support.

I have no solution to bring, but just wanted to add a “me too” to show the problem is still occuring :frowning:

My card is a microsdxc sandisk ultra 64GB that I have been using with my gopro hero3 without any issue for nearly a year (purchased April 2013). It only just started to give me problem: the gopro now gives me a “SD ERR” error, but using it on my phone or PC, I have the same symptoms you describe: I can read whatever is on it now, and it *looks* like I can delete files or format, however as soon as I plug the card out and in again, it’s back to the old state. I’ve tried formating from my phone, and from by ubuntu PC (fdisk+mkfs.exfat), nothing works :frowning:

I have sadly misplaced the purchase receipt, but I still have the packaging that states the lifetime warranty. I hope that’ll be enough to get me a (working!) replacement.

1 Like

H2testw 1.4 has proven itself to be the best of breed for detecting counterfeit Flash drives. It is extremely easy to use

H2testw 1.4 has proven itself to be the best of breed for detecting counterfeit Flash drives. It is extremely easy

1.4 has proven itself to be the best of breed for detecting counterfeit Flash drives. It is extremely easy to use

It May be ok but it takes too long to get rid of the parasites that download with it!

I’m having the same problem with 2 brand new 32G micro SDSQU-32Gs in a brand new note 10.1 2014 with 4.4.2 SW

Any solution for all the mentioned problems???facing the same problem…i need help

Why no response from SanDisk??

@tatatatta12 wrote:
Why no response from SanDisk??

Maybe because this is a user’s forum, not a SanDisk customer or tech support forum?

Then how can I get the problem fixed?

http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/contact-us/