Write protect error on micro SD memory card

I purchased a SanDisk 8Gb micro memory card for my Camera which has a Micro SD adapter.  I took photos for one and a half days and while I was using the camera I got a  write protect error.   I also have a 4 Gb card and this works perfectly in the adapter.  how can I get photos off the 8Gb card ???

write protect is exactly what it says. you cant write to the card. getting the pics off is a read so it should not be affected. Just put the card in a reader or connect your camera to the computer and copy the pics off the card just as you normally would. 

once you get the pics off check the lock switch on the adapter and or try another adapter. 

I wonder whether you have formatted your 8 GB microSD card before using it on your camera. This could be one of the major reason for the annoying error message. If the adapter is perfectly alright then there is no doubt that something is wrong with the card itself. In that case you are left with no other option than formatting the corrupt microSD card and restoring the lost photos from a recently updated backup file. In case of no backup find a reliable Photo Recovery software program for photo restoration.

For more info visit: http://www.3gp-recovery.com/sandisk-memory-card-shows-readwrite-error-what-next

Just in case anybody has had a problem unlocking their camera card, just by luck on examing the flash card, with the label facing uppermost, there is a little grey tab which moves.  Move this to the up position this will unlock the write protected and you will be able to access photos and edit/delete etc.  You will also be able to take more pics with it on your camera!

@suepar wrote:

Just in case anybody has had a problem unlocking their camera card, just by luck on examing the flash card, with the label facing uppermost, there is a little grey tab which moves.  Move this to the up position this will unlock the write protected

There is no lock tab on a Micro SD card, only on the full-size ones.

ok, so how does one unlock on a micro card?

There is no ‘lock’ on a microSD card.