Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
RainingTerror

Sandisk Ultra 64gb MicroSD Wont format.

Hello, Today I received my Sandisk Ultra 64gb MicroSD for the 2nd time since the first one was faulty. It was working fine and I could store my files on but instead of going to delete them, I just formatted it on the Samsung Galaxy s3. It then said it was a blank SD card so I used my SanDisk MicroSD/MicroSDHC adapter and put it into my laptop. I cannot access it without formatting it. I tried to format it but windows said there was an error. I cannot use it on my laptop, my computer or my phone now. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! -Aidan

RainingTerror

Re: Sandisk Ultra 64gb MicroSD Wont format.

Bump.

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

Have you tried using the SD Association's Formatting Tool?

Note this page says you may have to download an SDXC driver (linked to) for your computer.

RainingTerror

Yes I have tried that, Still no luck.

aureussz

[ Edited ]

It seems there is a bad batch of cards. I had the same issue with mine. Returned to amazon, and noticed a few people experiencing problem on the xda developers forums.

Waiting for the new card to come right now.

I have tried a lot of things even regenerating bad sectors, formating to various file systems...

No luck.

snoe3

i have the same prob but on micro-sd card, i bought it from dealer and able to use it for 2 months. Unfortunately, it can't be recognized either in SG 3, or Sony's and it quite dissapointing. 

Do you know a way to make it workable/detectable again. I've tried via PC, and no response.

tq

RainingTerror

Oh ok, I'll try sending this one back too, my last one was faulty -.-
If you find any fixes please post it here!

GlueFactoryBJJ

I'm also having the same problem.  I can't get anything to recognize the microSHXC (64GB) card anymore.  It was initially recognized by my Moto Droid Bionic.  Then it wasn't.  My PC will only see it through Disk Management, but all attempts to format fail saying there is an error.  

Isn't there ANYONE from SanDisk who monitors this forum?  How do I do a warranty return here.  I can't find ANY information from this site as to how to get them to support their "Unlimited Warranty" for this product!

Scott

GlueFactoryBJJ

Oh, and I have tried all the SD Association's formatting tool.  I even bought a Kingston microSDXC compatible reader.  No luck.

Scott

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

[ Edited ]

GlueFactoryBJJ wrote:

How do I do a warranty return here.  I can't find ANY information from this site as to how to get them to support their "Unlimited Warranty" for this product!

You can't do it here. But if you click on the SanDisk logo in the upper left of any page here, it will take you to SanDisk's website. There you click on the Contact Us link in the upper right of that page.

Bingo-bango. You can either launch a Live Chat (US only) or call the Tech Support phone numbers listed on that page for assistance and/or RMA approval.

:smileyhappy: