Sandisk Micro SD 1GB format problem

Greetings, I’m pretty oblivious to formatting a memory card, so I’ll just give the sequence of events.

I first used my Micro SD 1GB in my Nikon Coolpix S570 Camera.  I took pictures and recorded video, and was able to connect my camera to the PC to retrieve them. I then cleared the card.

Next, I found that my Verizon LG Cosmos VN250 phone is compatible with the same card, so I put all of my phone pictures on the card.

Now I’m having trouble finding these pictures.  I put my Micro SD 1GB into a Sandisk USB card reader, and the computer displayed no initial pop up to ask for how I’d like to proceed like it used to.  I go to My Computer and see the F drive removable Disk, but if I click on it it says “Drive F isn’t formatted, would you like to format it now?”… From what I’ve read, formatting the card would erase the card.  To the best of my knowledge, I have the pictures from my phone and a video from my Nikon coolpix…

Since I’m using two different things on the one card, does this require reformatting?  Is the data on my card?  My Nikon camera can play my video, but doesn’t read the phone pictures I downloaded.  Perhaps these pictures off of my phone are just in a incompatible format? 

I’ve downloaded a few data recovery programs:

Data Doctor Recovery scanned my mom’s 2 GB, but when I put my 1 GB in, it says it can’t read it.

I used Recuva Photorec which didn’t find anything.

I used Recuva testdisk, which talked about partions and reformatting, but I didn’t want to do anything until I got some advice.

How do I find out how my card is formatted?

Is my phone pic data on the card even if it were formatted on my Nikon camera?

I guess that’s all for now.  Thanks for reading, and If you can shed any light on this I’d really appreciate it.

different phones will use different file structures so switching from one phone to another will not always work. it is best to put the card in the phone and let the phone format it for use. 

that being said since you are getting card not formatted error in the computer either the card is bad or the FAT is corrupt. either way you will need to format it. on the computer just right click the card and select format. FAT32 for the file system is usually best to use. this will erase the data that was on the card but it will have to be done. if the formats complets then the card is good and you can try the data recovery apps to recover the data. if format fails the card is bad and will need to be replaced. 

how to fromat

error :indows was unable to complete the format

then the card is bad and will need to be replaced. 

format tools SDFormatter V2.0 download… enjoy…

You are lucky! Formatting won’t make the data in a SD card erased permanently.
Those formatted pictures are still stored in the SD card. it’s just invisible or inaccessible. The MOST Effective way is to rely on some Data Recovery programs.
There are some free softwares available too.But I do not believe in freeware as it will end up messing my computer with virus and spywares and whether it recovers your data intact or not is not guaranteed. So I look for cheap and good software.
Try this program called Tenorshare Data Recovery. It can recover data after deeply scanning your hard drive to look for lost data you accidentally deleted or formatted.

It is important that you stop using the SD card. The less new data is written, the better the chance of data recovery.
Just have a try!

http://www.any-data-recovery.com/product/index.htm

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it’s still

I encountered the same trouble before. Fortunately,I used this data recovery program to recover my pictures on it successfully. I think this article will help. You can check it out!

http://marcwilliams2011-mylifemychoice.blogspot.com/