mpb

SanDisk® Industrial microSD Card

Hi all,

We are planning to use the SanDisk microSD Industrial SD Card for one of our products, as per document (02-05-WW-02-00005 Rev 1.1 - May 2016 ) . Anyone knows where to buy a few of those to perform an assessment on usage, wear etc.? The plan is to use the "Health Status", the estimated percent life used against various usage scenarios. But we need to order a few of these cards ...

Thanks

Marco

SanDisk Guru

Re: SanDisk® Industrial microSD Card

There are contact links at the bottom of the page below

https://www.sandisk.com/oem-design/industrial/industrial-cards

mpb

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to find an online retil that would sell these ... but I have posted a question now. The link you point to does not list "where to buy".

Thanks

Marco

mpb

Having finally got some 64GB Industrial microSD cards and having read the "SanDisk® Industrial microSD Card - Product Manual", 02-05-WW-02-00005 Rev 1.1 - May 2016, section 1.5.7, "Health Status" I am now looking for a SanDisk tool that would display the card's information on the Health Status (an possibly other info, like the Status Register) . Anyone knows of such a tool from SanDisk for Windows?

Thanks

Marco

mpb

Ok,

given that I did not get any answer here (nor anywhere else) I tried writing an app that queries the Health Status Register through the the SD General Command (GEN_CMD) as described in the spec (CMD56 with argument of [00 00 00 01]).

Anyone tried this? Whatever I try to send as query to the SD (using Windows 10 call similar to:

DeviceIoControl(dev_hdl, IOCTL_SFFDISK_DEVICE_COMMAND, pCmd, nSizeofCmd, pCmd, nSizeofCmd, &dwBytesReturned, NULL);

I get error 0x32 (ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED, i.e., guess: "The request is not supported." Smiley Happy )

I have read that you have to connect your SD card directly to the PCI bus because if it goes through a USB device, the USB driver intecepts the ioctl and complains ... I hope this is not true, but I do not know the USB implementation on Windows (or on Linux for that matter ...).

Any help much appreciated.

Marco