SDHC card got wet..will it still work?

I’m wondering if anyone knows what will happen to an SDHC memory card that accidentally went through the washing machine.  Luckily I found it before I put it into the dryer.  I let it sit out to air dry, but I haven’t put it into my Video camera to test it yet. 

It was a brand new, never used card, so I don’t need to retrieve any data.  I’m just wondering if it will still work reliably.  

Unlikely to damage it provided its completely dry and it didn’t get smashed by anything else in the drier.  

Luckily SD cards are quite reliable! Fairly rugged and quite simple construction. There should be nothing to worry about.

No moving parts and since it was not plugged into any power source at the time, you don’t have to worry about any electrical shorts. Let it dry and it should be no worse for wear.

Yes,I agree SD cards are quite reliable.

@buckeyevets wrote:

I’m wondering if anyone knows what will happen to an SDHC memory card that accidentally went through the washing machine.  Luckily I found it before I put it into the dryer.  I let it sit out to air dry, but I haven’t put it into my Video camera to test it yet. 

It was a brand new, never used card, so I don’t need to retrieve any data.  I’m just wondering if it will still work reliably.  

SanDisk SD cards are water proof. Just let it dry and it should work.

http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/proof

in all of the torture tests yes 99.9% of the time