thesebastian

SANDISK ULTRA 64GB SDXC MICRO SD - How can i format to FAT32 ?

Previous STORY:

Last week i bough one of these.......all starrt when i was copying a file (2gb) with Windows 8  (just to show for the first time)...the transfer were stuck at 50%...after 30 minutes i removed the SD...

Then i tried to format...and started to work bad...(in Windows or Mac). Then i started to try to format it to FAT32....EXT4, etc with a lot of programs (included GPARTED Ubuntu). But all failed.....then the memory WENT to a completely "READ-ONLY" behaviour.

I changed the SDXC to micro SD adapter and the USB to Micro SD and still "READ-ONLY". Tried on an android phone etc.

PRESENT:

So now i'm scared.....the vendor changed my SD card for a newone after tried it. They told me that I could format it to FAT32.....

So i wanted to ask in SANDISK forums which method is recommended to format to FAT32.

Can i format it to FAT32, EXT4, etc etc?

Best Regards,

Sebastian.

thesebastian

Re: SANDISK ULTRA 64GB SDXC MICRO SD - How can i format to FAT32 ?

Just did it using the 1st method of this guide:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1773735

Regards,

Sebastian.

lahav-m

I HAVE A NEW 64 GB SDXC MICRO SD SANDISC. HOW CAN I CANCEL THE WRITE PROTECTION OF THE DISK?

YOUR SOONEST POSSIBLE REPOLY WOOLD BE MOST APRECIATED.

THAK YOU IN ADVANCE.

MORDEHAI LAHAV

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

lahav-m wrote:

I HAVE A NEW 64 GB SDXC MICRO SD SANDISC. HOW CAN I CANCEL THE WRITE PROTECTION OF THE DISK?

Your post is off-topic for this thread. Please contact SanDisk Tech Support/Customer Service for help with your card.

berniwhite