Questions about UHS-I and SanDisk Part Numbers

I have found thousands of users all asking the same exact questions, but there doesn’t seem to be any definitive answers from SanDisk as to what the difference between their part numbers are.

There is a post here:  http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Mobile-memory-professional-cards/Is-quot-SDSDQY-064G-U46A-quot-the-same-as-quot-SDSDQUA-064G-A11A/td-p/273971

There is also another post here:  http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Mobile-memory-professional-cards/Questions-about-UHS-1/m-p/278646/highlight/false

I have similar questions.  It is very unclear what the differences are between various Sandisk MicroSD cards.

The 64GB MicroSD Ultra has several variants which all show “up to 30MB/s”:

SDSDQUA-064G-U46A - 64GB microSDXC Class 10 / UHS-1

SDSDQUA-064G-A11A - 64GB microSDXC Class 10 / UHS-1

SDSDQUI-064G-A11A - 64GB microSDXC Class 10 / UHS-1

SDSDQY-064G-U46A  -  64GB microSDXC Class 6

Does anyone know what the difference between the “SDSDQUA-064G” and “SDSDQUI-064G” part numbers means?

Does anyone know what the difference between the “-U46A” and “-A11A” part numbers mean?

I have read in various forums that:

1 - The class 6 is better for random read-write than the class 10.  Is this true?

2 - They are all the same card, just the labels have changed.  Is this true?

3 - They are all the same card, but the formating is slightly different out of the box… but when reformatted, they all perform the same…True?

Any definitive answers here?

To decipher the codes such as SDSDQUA-064G-U46A :

SDSD =sd card

Q = class 4 (black) available in 2,4,8,16,32GB
QY = class 6 “Ultra” (red & grey) available in 4GB (8,16,32GB discontinued but still on sale)
QUA  = class 10 “Ultra” 8,16,32GB=SDHC 64GB=SDXC* (UHS-I = UHS class 1 = 10mb/s #)
QUI  = class 10 “Ultra” apparently “designed for cameras” and NOT the same card (black packaging)

-064G = 64GB

-U46  = EU packaging@
-A11 = US packaging@

-AFFP  = Amazon frustration free packaging@

-FFP  = frustration free packaging@

A =picture of android on package

NOTES
* Compatible devices only

If used in a non UHS-I compliant phone, it will revert to class 10

@ If it doesn’t have a code at the end, it’s not covered by SanDisk warranty

To decipher the codes such as  SDSDQUA-064G-U46A :

SDSD =sd card

Q  = class 4 (black) available in 2,4,8,16,32GB
QY  = class 6 “Ultra” (red & grey) available in 4GB (8,16,32GB discontinued but still on sale)
QUA  = class 10 “Ultra” 8,16,32GB=SDHC 64GB=SDXC* (UHS-I = UHS class 1 = 10mb/s #)
QUI  = class 10 “Ultra” apparently “designed for cameras” and NOT the same card (black packaging)

-064G  = 64GB

-U46  = EU packaging@
-A11  = US packaging@

-AFFP  = Amazon frustration free packaging@

-FFP  = frustration free packaging@

A =picture of android on package

NOTES
* Compatible devices only

If used in a non UHS-I compliant phone, it will revert to class 10

@ If it doesn’t have a code at the end, it’s not covered by SanDisk warranty

@td_trader wrote:

QUI = Imaging SKU. This is actually exactly the same as the other ultra micro SD but it is in a package aimed for cameras. This was only done to get into camera stores. The card is no different than any other current Ultra microSD card.