Memory card not deteced by mobile or computer.

I have a 2 gb sandisk memory card. it came in a pack with two different sized adapters that the memory card can slip into, depending on what size is compatible with your computer (i did not know that this is what you do with the memory card). i was keeping the tiny memory card in my phone (LG choc 8500), while plugging the charger cord (which doubles as the usb cable) into my computer. alas, that did nothing. more frustration–thinking it must be that i don’t have the right “software” to run to access my photos and doing many searches for the “right” software solution… then the discovery with inserting the memorycard into the adapter (on my laptop, it’s at the front below the touchpad-very sly sneaky place). then, after, again, nothing happening, searching forums on other lost memory card-ers, i discovered that there is a very tiny “switch” on the left of the adapter, next to the “S” on sandisc, that must be flipped down in order to “work,” or grant photo/media access. a prompt came up on my screen asking me to choose which program to run/open the photos on (for me, it was windows media center), and to my relief, all my photos were there! i hope this helps.