How to restore deleted files on Sandisk SD Card?

I have a 32G Ultra Plus SD installed on my Sony Xperia Z3. And main usage of this card is for all sorts of backups such as contacts, messages, videos and photos. Unfortunately, I deleted two folders on the SD card by mistake. What to do now to restore the files? Does Sandisk offer any software for this?

1 Like

Hello, 

in that case you can connet the card to a computer and use a data recovery software. i recommend recuva or rescue pro that also sandisk recommends to recover the data.

i do hope that you will be able to recover the data from the card

1 Like

@deponia wrote:

Hello, 

in that case you can connet the card to a computer and use a data recovery software. i recommend recuva or rescue pro that also sandisk recommends to recover the data.

The free version can’t scan my deleted files. Do I need to purchase a license? 

Hello, 

recuva is a freeware so you can use it without any licence. Rescue Pro has a demo version that allows you to scan the card and recover some of the files 20-25 i think, then you need to purchase the software or an extreme product from sandisk that comes with a rescue pro code

@deponia wrote:

Hello, 

recuva is a freeware so you can use it without any licence. Rescue Pro has a demo version that allows you to scan the card and recover some of the files 20-25 i think, then you need to purchase the software or an extreme product from sandisk that comes with a rescue pro code

thanks, i will give it a try

@clariceo0 wrote:

I have a 32G Ultra Plus SD installed on my Sony Xperia Z3. And main usage of this card is for all sorts of backups such as contacts, messages, videos and photos. Unfortunately, I deleted two folders on the SD card by mistake. What to do now to restore the files? Does Sandisk offer any software for this?

It seems that your all data is being corrupted or deleted due to any reason. To get back your all memory card data, you have to use Android data recovery software available online. You can trial these software’s to see the functionality of it and pay for full version if satisfied.

@aquarium wrote:

@clariceo0 wrote:

It seems that your all data is being corrupted or deleted due to any reason. To get back your all memory card data, you have to use Android data recovery software available online. You can trial these software’s to see the functionality of it and pay for full version if satisfied.

The fact is that I tried a few but none of them worked.

@clariceo0 wrote:

@aquarium wrote:

@clariceo0 wrote:

Sorry to hear that, I just googled and list some:

http://www.mobiledic.com/android-topic/recover-deleted-contacts-android.html

http://www.aiseesoft.com/android-data-recovery/

http://www.androidphonesoft.com/resources/recover-deleted-photos-from-android-phone.html

Hope they work for you.

@clariceo0 wrote:

@aquarium wrote:

@clariceo0 wrote:

For lost contats:

http://www.mobiledic.com/android-topic/recover-deleted-contacts-android.html

Hope it works for you.

@aquarium wrote:

@clariceo0 wrote:

@aquarium wrote:

@clariceo0 wrote:

For lost contats:

Hope it works for you.

I will test it out. and thank u for the suggestion. It really takes time for scanning, lol

deponia wrote:

Hello, 

Yes, before they are overwritten, we can get them back with tools. How to recover deleted files from android

You also can try this.

http://www.recovery-tool.com/android-recovery/recover-android-data-from-sd-card.html

@clariceo0 wrote:

I agree with you, it will work on Sandisk SD Card

You can use any data recovery software, but I always use Professional Sandisk data recovery app for this type of recovery, Data recovery software for Windows supports all types of memory card to recover and restore all erased files and folders . The software helps you in regaining all your deleted, formatted, lost data from memory card.

Hi my first time on one of these chat rooms :wink:

Had a quick question. we (as a company) always use sd/cf sandisk cards and have a week back ordered more. we have them but the issue is that one of the team member opened them and threw away the packing including the codes that are needed to recover any data :wink:

is there any way we can find out these?

IIRC rescue pro is shipped with Extreme level and above cards. If you lost the codes you can contact sandisk support and provide a proof of purchase and they should be able to provide replacement codes. 

IIRC rescue is nice for SD data recovery. It may work in most cases. If you cannot restore files on computer, I can give you another way. Put your SD card into your phone and use mobile data recovery. I recommend you try about FonePaw Android Data Recovery or the Wondershare which are professional on data recovery. They both can restore deleted files on Android SD card.:catvery-happy:

To restore recover files from SD card, you can try Android Data Recovery.

If you are looking to recover your lost ro deleted data from SD card then immediately stop using the SD card. Data in memory card is saved as a file. If you accidentally delete the data or format the card then it doesn’t mean that data is erased permanently and can be recover until and unless file is overwritten by new files. So Connect SD card to the computer using card reader. After that download the software and the select the card and start scan process. Once scanning process is completed all your lost data will be recovered. It can recover MP4, AVI, MPEG, FLV, WMV, MOV, and many other video file formats. The tool can recover photos from Sandisk,Kingston, Lexar, Transcend and other digital card and is compatible with Windows and Mac both. Read More:

http://www.rescuedigitalmedia.com/recover-deleted-data-sandisk-memory-card-windowsmac

If you are looking to recover lost or deleted data from SD card then immediately stop using the SD card. Data in memory card is saved as a file. If you accidentally delete the data or format the card then it doesn’t mean that data is erased permanently and can be recover until and unless file is overwritten by new files. So Connect SD card to the computer using card reader. After that download the software and the select the card and start scan process. Once scanning process is completed all your lost videos will be recovered. It can recover MP4, AVI, MPEG, FLV, WMV, MOV, and many other video file formats. The tool can recover photos from Sandisk,Kingston, Lexar, Transcend and other digital card and is compatible with Windows and Mac both.Read More:

http://www.rescuedigitalmedia.com/recover-deleted-data-sandisk-memory-card-windowsmac