Reply
Newbie
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎05-06-2016

How to restore deleted files on Sandisk SD Card?

I have a 32G Ultra Plus SD installed on my Sony Xperia Z3. And main usage of this card is for all sorts of backups such as contacts, messages, videos and photos. Unfortunately, I deleted two folders on the SD card by mistake. What to do now to restore the files? Does Sandisk offer any software for this?

SanDisk Professor
Posts: 544
Registered: ‎12-10-2014

Re: How to restore deleted files on Sandisk SD Card?

Hello, 

 

in that case you can connet the card to a computer and use a data recovery software. i recommend recuva or rescue pro that also sandisk recommends to recover the data.

 

i do hope that you will be able to recover the data from the card

 

Good Luck

#Missing the keyboard? Press F1 for help#
Newbie
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎05-06-2016

Re: How to restore deleted files on Sandisk SD Card?


deponia wrote:

Hello, 

 

in that case you can connet the card to a computer and use a data recovery software. i recommend recuva or rescue pro that also sandisk recommends to recover the data.

 

i do hope that you will be able to recover the data from the card

 


The free version can't scan my deleted files. Do I need to purchase a license? 

SanDisk Professor
Posts: 544
Registered: ‎12-10-2014

Re: How to restore deleted files on Sandisk SD Card?

Hello, 

 

recuva is a freeware so you can use it without any licence. Rescue Pro has a demo version that allows you to scan the card and recover some of the files 20-25 i think, then you need to purchase the software or an extreme product from sandisk that comes with a rescue pro code

 

Good Luck

#Missing the keyboard? Press F1 for help#
Newbie
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎05-06-2016

Re: How to restore deleted files on Sandisk SD Card?


deponia wrote:

Hello, 

 

recuva is a freeware so you can use it without any licence. Rescue Pro has a demo version that allows you to scan the card and recover some of the files 20-25 i think, then you need to purchase the software or an extreme product from sandisk that comes with a rescue pro code

 


thanks, i will give it a try

Newbie
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎05-11-2016

Re: How to restore deleted files on Sandisk SD Card?


clariceo0 wrote:

I have a 32G Ultra Plus SD installed on my Sony Xperia Z3. And main usage of this card is for all sorts of backups such as contacts, messages, videos and photos. Unfortunately, I deleted two folders on the SD card by mistake. What to do now to restore the files? Does Sandisk offer any software for this?


It seems that your all data is being corrupted or deleted due to any reason. To get back your all memory card data, you have to use Android data recovery software available online. You can trial these software's to see the functionality of it and pay for full version if satisfied.

Newbie
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎05-06-2016

Re: How to restore deleted files on Sandisk SD Card?


Aquarium wrote:

clariceo0 wrote:

I have a 32G Ultra Plus SD installed on my Sony Xperia Z3. And main usage of this card is for all sorts of backups such as contacts, messages, videos and photos. Unfortunately, I deleted two folders on the SD card by mistake. What to do now to restore the files? Does Sandisk offer any software for this?


It seems that your all data is being corrupted or deleted due to any reason. To get back your all memory card data, you have to use Android data recovery software available online. You can trial these software's to see the functionality of it and pay for full version if satisfied.


The fact is that I tried a few but none of them worked.

Newbie
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎05-06-2016

Re: How to restore deleted files on Sandisk SD Card?

[ Edited ]

Aquarium wrote:

clariceo0 wrote:

Aquarium wrote:

clariceo0 wrote:

I have a 32G Ultra Plus SD installed on my Sony Xperia Z3. And main usage of this card is for all sorts of backups such as contacts, messages, videos and photos. Unfortunately, I deleted two folders on the SD card by mistake. What to do now to restore the files? Does Sandisk offer any software for this?


It seems that your all data is being corrupted or deleted due to any reason. To get back your all memory card data, you have to use Android data recovery software available online. You can trial these software's to see the functionality of it and pay for full version if satisfied.


The fact is that I tried a few but none of them worked.


Sorry to hear that, I just googled and list some:

For lost contats:

 

Hope it works for you.


I will test it out. and thank u for the suggestion. It really takes time for scanning, lol

Newbie
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎06-16-2016

Re: How to restore deleted files on Sandisk SD Card?

Hi my first time on one of these chat rooms Smiley Wink

 

Had a quick question. we (as a company) always use sd/cf sandisk cards and have a week back ordered more. we have them but the issue is that one of the team member opened them and threw away the packing including the codes that are needed to recover any data Smiley Wink

 

is there any way we can find out these?

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 3,990
Registered: ‎07-18-2007

Re: How to restore deleted files on Sandisk SD Card?

IIRC rescue pro is shipped with Extreme level and above cards. If you lost the codes you can contact sandisk support and provide a proof of purchase and they should be able to provide replacement codes.