How to repair micro sd 16gb card? It shows 31mb

i know how fix it. 

contact me to e-mail

giorgizede@gmail.com

i can help you

contact me email

giorgizede@gmail.com

Apply the below given command line to fix this issue:

WARNING: DISKPART CAN BE DANGEROUS MAKE SURE YOU SELECT THE CORRECT DISK. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

1. Start a Command Prompt with Admin Permissions. (Start, Type “cmd”, right click on command prompt in the list of programs, and select “Run as Administrator”)
  2. Enter the command “diskpart”
  3. Enter the command “list disk”, locate the disk number for your USB Drive
  4. Enter the command “select disk X”, where X is the number of your disk from step 3.
  5. Enter the command “clean”, this will remove any and all partition or volume formatting from the disk with focus.
  6. Done, type “exit” to quit diskpart.
  7. Now in back in Disk Management, you should be able to right click the drive and choose new simple volume and proceed with formatting.

For more: How to Restore a Memory card Capacity Back to Full Size : Using Diskpart?

Yes its recoved once I formated usiing my DSLR, thats great…

gparted worked!  follow the steps per youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3_jb-zXLcM&feature=related

Merhaba Papatja sitesinde belki bu soruna çözüm bulabilirsiniz Silinen fotoğrafları geri getirme ve silinen dosyaları geri getirme hatta hafıza kartı kurtarma gibi sorunlara çözüm bulabiliyorlar linki aşşağıya bıraktım buyrun bi bakın eminim işinize yarayacaktır. Silinen fotoğrafları kurtarma 

Bu konuda bir çok site var ama bu site çok güvenilir bir sitedir veri krutarma konusunda tamir de yapıyor kısa süre içinde sizlerin sorunlarını gidereceğini düşünüyorum bir göz atın isterseniz.

Merhaba arkadaşlar Papatja web belki bu soruna çözüm bulabilirsiniz Silinen fotoğrafları geri getirme ve silinen dosyaları geri getirme hatta hafıza kartı kurtarma gibi sorunlara çözüm bulabiliyorlar.  Linki aşşağıya yazdım buyrun bi bakın işinize yarayacaktır. 

Silinen dosyaları geri getirme

Bu konuda bir çok site var ama bu site çok güvenilir bir sitedir silinen veri krutarma konusunda tamir de yapıyor.  Kısa süre içinde sizlerin sorunlarını gidereceğini düşünüyorum bir göz atın isterseniz. Bu türlü sorunların çözümünü bulmak gerçekten çok zor iyi biliyorum o yüzden böyle bir  cevap yazdım sandisk hafıza kartları gerçekten çok iyi fakat yeteri kadar teknik destek yok sanırım.

Hey Guys!  I had an 8GB that only shows 1.8GB.  I had used it in a garmin GPS to update the GPS unit.  Well it went in with 8GB and came out with only 1.8GB. The garmin can only use 2GB, so it partitioned the chip for 2GB.  But I found this really brilliant video that shows how to re-partition the chip and it worked like a champ.  here is the youtube web site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfCjFY6YF68

good luck, but be careful what you are working with, cuz you could mess up your main computer drive if you’re not.

Dusty

I am having the same issue here with 2 Micro SD cards and the other 2 don’t show up at all in anything. 

Big ups to you bro, I created an account just to give you some kudos. I tried going through the cmd prompt and diskpart then clean then create primary partition. And none of it worked, this is brilliant, thank you!

I’m almost certain it was because of password protection, it was in my orange pi running retrorangepi but I have no other Linux devices to set up a correctly positioned drive. Dunno why Android works, but it does

who are you are you referring to for your solution?

Well it may be possible that your memory card has been corrupted and so it is showing such error. However, if it ever happens to your again do not worry because you can now easily repair corrupted memory card with the help of some effective methods. Some of the ways include:

• Solution 1: Connect Memory Card To Another Device
  • Solution 2: Change The Card Drive Letter Name
  • Solution 3: Repair Corrupt Memory Card Using CMD Command
  • Solution 4: Format Memory Card To Fix Corruption
  • Solution 5: Use SD Card Formatter Tool To Repair/Format Corrupt Card
  • Solution 6: Reinstall The Drivers To Make Corrupted SD Card Detected
  • Solution 7: Scan SD Card With Anti-Virus Software To Fix Corruption

If all these ways or methods do not work then you can also try SD recovery tool. But, to know how you can easily perform the steps to apply the above methods, you can visit the link:

http://www.rescuedigitalmedia.com/corrupt-memory-card-repair

Hi all,

It looks like I’ve had the same issue as many of you, a Sandisk (in my case) SD memory card that goes from functioning perfectly, to only having a capacity of 30mb, and seen as having a RAW format. I’d taken 3 days of videos / photography on holiday, when the card seemed to be blanked and in the state above.

Reading through this thread and others, there’s lots of advice on how to format the card so that it will work again - but I think many people like me only want to restore the files, and would never want to trust even a repaired version of the card again to store anything of any value.

Fundamentally, I downloaded all the data recovery repair services (EaseUS Data Recovery, M3 Data Recovery, WonderRestore, Stellar Data Recovery etc). None of these found any data whatsoever. Partition software would not find a single partition, even on deep scan / full modes. I’ve read that partition software does not necessarily delete data, so my next step was to try to create correct partitions on the card, and hope this would allow me to scrape for some of the data with some of the above recovery apps. Next step was GParted (Mac Partition software you need to run in a VM Virtual box on Windows), as there is an account from someone that just mounting the SD card with this (without carrying out any functions brought back the data).

…I didn’t need to, repeatedly inserting and removing (without safely removing for brevity) the card eventually had all the data flash up again. I wasn’t able to copy much off it before it was derecognised and looked RAW to the PC again, but just repeatedly inserting and removing eventually brought up the system, and over a day or so, it stayed stable long enough to remove the data I needed. In total I tried inserting and reinsterting about 150 times. With breaks. It would seem to work best when it had been some time between attempts, but it may just have been random. 

So to recover data, none of the official or freeware apps did anything, but perseverence had the card show that everything was in fact intact, but for some reason was unable to be accessed. Just try mounting on different devices, repeatedly, and hopefully you will get headway somewhere. Someone above posted an external SD card mounter as solving the problem (on Amazon), maybe that worked for them for a similar reason.

Good luck but I wouldn’t waste your time on data recovery apps if it’s showing as 30mb capacity. Strangely the SD card is becoming more stable over time, from seemingly being blank blank blank, three days ago (and showing nothing dozens and dozens of times), now it seems to load 20% of the time I plug it in. 

Hope this helps some of you!

@tbm wrote:
I have the same problem with a 2GB Sandisk MicroSD Legit boxed purchase from a supermarket. It was fine, showing the full 2Gb and happily accepting files. A month later Neither my linux nor windows XP machine report the card as having a partition table and also report the unformatted size of the disk as 31MB meaning that I cant dd a copy of the data off the device. The Panasonic SDFormatter software reports the card as 30.6MB. Is there a fix that will restore the previous state or at the very least let me format my 2GB card to more than 1.5% of its nominal size?
I tried to read it using car reader on my pc. Some readers cannot see this card, but some can see and ask format it, when the format dialog is appeared is shows that card has only 31mb of storage and I can format it in fat or ntfs. But if I click format I’ll see the error message. Also I try to insert card into Nokia N96. It also can see only 31bm can format it and I can write something but cannot read. If I turn off the phone and turn on it again, or release insert the card the phone asks me format it again.

Windows Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management

Find the SD card, right click and delete all the partitions on the card (it might show several) remove them all until it’s got none, then add a new Simple Partition taking the full size of the card.

Some tools like Win32 Disk Imagers change the disk layout so you need to manually restore it.

@britany wrote:

@tbm wrote:
I have the same problem with a 2GB Sandisk MicroSD Legit boxed purchase from a supermarket. It was fine, showing the full 2Gb and happily accepting files. A month later [Xender Discord Omegle](Xender Discord Omegle) Neither my linux nor windows XP machine report the card as having a partition table and also report the unformatted size of the disk as 31MB meaning that I cant dd a copy of the data off the device. The Panasonic SDFormatter software reports the card as 30.6MB. Is there a fix that will restore the previous state or at the very least let me format my 2GB card to more than 1.5% of its nominal size?
I tried to read it using car reader on my pc. Some readers cannot see this card, but some can see and ask format it, when the format dialog is appeared is shows that card has only 31mb of storage and I can format it in fat or ntfs. But if I click format I’ll see the error message. Also I try to insert card into Nokia N96. It also can see only 31bm can format it and I can write something but cannot read. If I turn off the phone and turn on it again, or release insert the card the phone asks me format it again.

I had a problem with original/current microsd storage, quite different, but I think the solution might help, or at leasr clear things out. I had a 16 gb microsd on my tablet a while ago, but bought a new phone so I thought it’d be better to have it on that instead, but I noticed that it only shows 8gb, after some unsuccessful research I remembered that I partitioned the disc so that I can use link2ds on my tablet.
It’s pretty easy to delete and merge the “hidden” storage partition to the main one. Use any partition software (I used MiniTool partition wizard). It will show if you have any storage divisions with weird and inaccessible formats, and you can delete them and merge into one, normal. Hope that helps anyone.

1. Run the SD Formatter Application.
  2. Select the drive letter for the SDHC/SDXC card and then select format.
  3. Click yes to confirm format process.
  4. Once format is complete the SD card will be properly formatted. Related answers.

After going through the replies in this thread, I am writing this reply of mine:

It looks like your card is corrupted or it is a fake one.

Now, its time for you to purchase the new SD card and only buy from genuine website such as SanDisk.