How to repair micro sd 16gb card? It shows 31mb

ok this did not work.

i get it to see 14 gigs of my 16 but i can’t use it still. foooie

1. something GB is what will actually show for a 16GB card. it has to do with the “some capacity is used for formatting and other functions” you hard driver is the same for instance if you have a 80GB hard drive it will show as 72GB or something usable space 

i bought a 16gb micro sd card one off ebay and it will let me store files on it but does not support some files my 2gb one supported, and as i try to format the memory card it also wont let me do that, what do u think the problem is.

hope u can help, cheers (the1withnoname)

@the1withnoname wrote:

i bought a 16gb micro sd card one off ebay and it will let me store files on it but does not support some files my 2gb one supported, and as i try to format the memory card it also wont let me do that, what do u think the problem is.

hope u can help, cheers (the1withnoname)

As mentioned earlier in this thread (and many others), we’ve been hearing about a lot of fake/counterfeit cards being sold on eBay recently. You should check the card out with h2testw and if it doesn’t measure up file a claim immediately with either the seller or eBay’s Resolution Center to get your money back.

Ok here is how i fixed the fake 32gb micro sd card that i got off of ebay… do a google search for… “hp drive key boot utility” (the name of the exe after extracted is “hpdkbu.exe”(i have windows 7 and the utility would not install on my system if this is the case for you as well just click extract instead of install and run the exe that i just mentioned) hopefully you have a usb adapter… plug in the adapter run the utility select the drive letter for your micro sd that is in the usb mine was “e”… click next…  then select create new or replace (its already checked) hit next…  select hard drive(its already checked) hit next… select create new file system(its already checked) hit next… then it says something at the bottom then says formatting…

here is the weird part of the tutorial the program stops responding… dont sweat it just end task it… now go to my computer and look at your properties for the drive(should say 0 free 0 used)… now right click on the drive and select format… you will notice now that the capacity has changed to what it should be just format it and you are all set good luck and hope this tutorial helped…

Wizzdome

@wizzdome wrote:

. . .now right click on the drive and select format… you will notice now that the capacity has changed to what it should be just format it and you are all set good luck and hope this tutorial helped…

And just what would that be considering it’s a _ fake _ 32GB card, 2 or 4GB?

I guess that all depends on what the original size of the card was before they flashed it to 32gb mine happend to be 4 which came roughly to 3.24 with that stupid extra space required for the format so mainly I lost 28 gigs or i could just say i got a 4gb card for free however you want to look at it since i did get my money back for it anyhow… :wink:

please repair micro sd 16sd card?

not support android systam

My card is doing the same, i think its something with the manufacturer, hopefully they will replace it, i’m calling tomoro

1 Like

Try to use SD Formatter. its free

http://www.4shared.com/get/rRGu9dZ5/SD_FORMATTER.html

1 Like

Hey, I had the same problem with 32 gb microsdhc card. It use have a capacity of 31.2 gb but then it crashed and only read 512 kb. I tried formatting tools and everything, that didnt work. I then put it into a digital camera and formatted it which got it back to 31.2 gb :slight_smile:

1 Like

MY 16GB USB FLASH DRIVE IS BAD AND I JUST BOUGHT IT I CANT COPY FILE INTO IT, EACH TIME I TRY COPYING FILE INTO IT THERE IS ALWAY A MESSAGE THAT SAY RIGHTLY PROTECTED

SDCZ50-016G-B35

@presido wrote:

MY 16GB USB FLASH DRIVE IS BAD AND I JUST BOUGHT IT I CANT COPY FILE INTO IT, EACH TIME I TRY COPYING FILE INTO IT THERE IS ALWAY A MESSAGE THAT SAY RIGHTLY PROTECTED

SDCZ50-016G-B35

If you look around, there seem to be quite a few people having this problem, with no known solution, either from other members or SanDisk themselves.

The only thing you can do is return it.

How to repair micro sd  2gb card? It shows 31mb

i have to recover my files please help me

Sridhar

NIvas Communication

Read Message #8 of this thread. If that doesn’t work, then see the post directly above yours.

I am stuck with the same problem. My Micro SD threw up on me , when  one slightly “fat” sized MicroSD adapter, go stuck in a built in Laptop SD card reader and I had to use clippers to get it out. The adatper  had scratches on it but the microsd should have worked. Now it shows 8mb instead of 4gb

There has to be some BLOCK level formatting utility that wipes clean the data.

How about Fdisk in linux or gtparted. Could someone post their exp with those.

THanks

Sam

This may help anyone who has a simular problem with an SD memory card shoing the wrong size. Use the SD formatter 3.0.  It can be downloaded from the SD association’s website.

http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/

Choose options, then change Size Adjustment to ON.

Format your SD card:

Refresh:

Your SD card should now show the correct size

Use the SD formatter 3.0.  It can be downloaded from the SD association’s website.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/eula_windows/

Choose options, then change Size Adjustment to ON.

this is the only way to fix using gparted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3_jb-zXLcM&feature=related