Re: Fake micro SD cards

UrbanCine wrote:

Hi all

I recently purcased a Sandisk Extreme Pro 280MB/s SD Card from a reputable Sandisk Reseller & got the following results using H2testw v1.4:

Warning: Only 60317 of 60318 MByte tested.

Test finished without errors.

Writing speed: 34.1 MByte/s

Reading speed: 35.9 MByte/s

Am I getting my MB/s & MByte/s symbols mixed up?

The reason I tested is because I used it in my BMPCC & got drop frames.

Thanks

Pete

Although this is an older post, no one has answered this question.  Pete, that looks correct.  There are 8 bits in 1 byte.  so there are 8Mb/s to 1MByte/s.  Megabit is usually written Mb/s and megabyte MB/s.  Notice the capitalization for MegaByte.  So if you multiplied your writing speed and reading speed, you get the following in megabits 272.8Mb/s and 287.2Mb/s respectively.  I'm not sure if your card advertised Mb/s or MB/s.  Those would be big differences, although I know very few cards that can read/write at 280MB/s unless you pay through the nose for high end professional ones.  I've checked the benchmarks of Sandisk Extreme series and they go between 20MB/s to 80MB/s for high end ones.  So I think your card is spot on.

I found this forum after purchasing a counterfeit Kingston card off of a Chinese shop in Quito, Ecuador and wanting to learn more about this dark side of the market.  The card is advertised 4GB and has only 481MB usable space shown after doing the H2testw.

Cheers,

-G

Woah! Learnt something from this post. Didn't knew that people are selling out fake cards too.. 

Hello. Nice perfect fraud here. EBay specisl.
Can I upload pics?

I too got lured into buying a fake micro-sd card for my new phone. The capacity was 64 GB but was showing 67 GB in the system. I had to return the item and ask for a full refund which I got thankfully. I have documented everything on 

How to Check and Detect Fake Micro SD Cards in Android with Speed Test

Screenshot_2016-10-08-23-47-04-305_com.humanlogic.sdi.png

[ Edited ]

UrbanCine wrote:

Hi all

I recently purcased a Sandisk Extreme Pro 280MB/s SD Card from a reputable Sandisk Reseller & got the following results using H2testw v1.4:

Warning: Only 60317 of 60318 MByte tested.

Test finished without errors.

Writing speed: 34.1 MByte/s

Reading speed: 35.9 MByte/s

Am I getting my MB/s & MByte/s symbols mixed up?

The reason I tested is because I used it in my BMPCC & got drop frames.

Thanks

Pete

The problem may be that it's a USH-II card. The BMPCC only has a UHS-I reader, and perhaps whatever device you're using to test the card is the same in that respect. This can cause dropped frames and speed issues, even when the card appears as it should to the device. I discovered this after buying a Lexar card that was UHS-II. You need to check Blackmagic's list of approved cards, here: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/faq/43083