Re: FORMAT 64GB MICRO SDXC PROBLEM

Same problem done with my card also i have 64Gb microSDXC UHS-I, Whne i removed the card when i submitted to my my HTC Desire 820 phone to at Gallery, after service of i put the memeory cards and its showing no data and also not detectin the card. I also connected to my  laptop its showing that formate the card to use. please help i want an replace ment i just but the card in march 2015. 

The article windows was unable to complete the format may help you!
SanDisk Guru

I had a Sandisk micro SD to SD adapter that would move the slider to the locked position as it was inserted into the card reader. The same Sandisk card used in an old adapter I had of a different brand worked just fine.

If you have a GoPro, you can use it to reformat the card. (settings>erase>erase all/format)  This worked for me after failed attempts to reformat using diskpart.exe and other reformatting tools. 

I had 64GB SanDisk Extreme Card that was working fine until I had my son first Birthday. my heart is broken I lost all of it hundreds of photos and videos with a DSLR camera. this is crazy SanDisk where is your QA?!?!!

My card is asking me to format everytime I insert it in many machines including Mac. it used to show 64GB now only 30.6MB please help me to recover my son photos I tried everything possible Smiley Sad

Same here so what I did I broke it into pieces because it's useless! Lesson learned not to buy Sandusky products next time!

It appears that I am having the same problem with my new sandisk 64 gb card as many other people are having.  I guess I'll just have to return it to Amazon and try a different brand.

If you purchased a card on eBay they're more than likely counterfeit and that's probably what's going on!

I was able to format my card eventually....

I had searched and tried many ways including formatting via command prompt, formatting through my android and formatting through windows.

When trying to format with windows it would only give me the option to format it at 27gig.

In my android device it said that it successfully formatted and appeared to 64gig. however when connecting to USB in window it was still only 27gig. 

I finally got it to format using the DJI OSMO UHD camera whilst connected to a USB port with Windows 7. upon connecting to windows through the camera, windows prompted me to format it and it allowed the full 64gig to be formatted... That's it!

I hope it helps someone out as I was almost going to try and get sandisk to replace it.

Good luck!