Re: FORMAT 64GB MICRO SDXC PROBLEM

[ Edited ]

Yup. My 64gb Ultra micro SD card is dead as well. Write only. Old content can be read but deleting/formatting does nothing. Really disappointed to have 2 Sandisk products fail on me this year.

Also, trying to RMA a storage product with personal files on it is a no-go for me. Ridiculous situation that I will avoid by not purchasing a Sandisk card for a replacement.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

contact sandisk support. they have a process for returning cards with sensitive data on them. they will be happy to work it out for you. 

The article windows was unable to complete the format may help you! 

[ Edited ]

Just purchased SanDisk Ultra PLUS micro SDXC UHS-1card with adapter 200Gb up to 100MB/s for $79 from WalMart. It worked great for awhile, while trying it in several laptops in micro and with adpapter modes. Then I put it in a cheap $10 USB Made in China adabter/read/writer in both micro and Adapter mode. It worked in everything i put it in except at some point it started reading 31.8Gb instead of the 183Gb that it originally started out with. I tried formating on several machines using every format I could and even using "restore defaults" with no luck. Then I googled the problem and ended up on this thread. One of the suggestions was to download the SD formatter from the SD Card Association. I didnt even know there was an SD Association. I down loaded the free formatter, popped the card in and it immediately recognized it as a 200Gb xFAT 128Kb Byte size card. Formated just fine. Im  using a $210 HP laptop with AMD A6 9220 processor/Windows10 Home build 1709, which will apparently read and write to the card fine but comes up short if at some  point you decide to wipe it clean and reformat. Get the free format software from the SD Card Association!